Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any legitimate job websites or opportunities for this summer? My options are a bit limited because I’m only 15 (16 in August) but my English is pretty good (predicted 7 in Language, 9 in Literature) and I’d call myself quite creative (predicted 8 in Art). I live in the South West of England, so any jobs outside of here are no-nos, lol.
    I haven’t taken my real GCSE exams yet, so I’m not sure my predictions will come in handy, but if anyone can think of the sorts of jobs I should seek out to play to my strengths, please say, thanks. :^]
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Dog walking, babysitting, paper round or a local cafe might take you. Nowhere else really will take someone under 16.

ReputationRep:
    Volunteering will look good on your CV
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Dog walking, babysitting, paper round or a local cafe might take you. Nowhere else really will take someone under 16.
    I agree.
    Once you are 16 and have left school then you can apply pretty much everywhere though.

ReputationRep:
    I started working in a pharmacy when I was 15, and my friend started at 14, so you could try this, although it can be difficult. Many chemists said no because of my age. Other common options include: swimming assistants, waitressing, shops.

I personally volunteered with my Church when I was 13 and volunteered in a charity shop when I was 14, and this definitely helped my CV, so I recommend this. It's CONSIDERABLY easier to get a job if you have some experience - anything really. Also, I'm tutoring maths, so you could do this and write that down.

Good luck!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.