Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Paper rounds watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so im 13 i want to do paper rounds but i dont know how to apply or like how it works pls help

ReputationRep:
    go to your local shop adn ask them about it. they'll give you a form then you have to get a teacher to sign it. after that you'll be good to go. i was paid £20 a week but ask how many and how far it is you have to go and it might increase your pay

ReputationRep:
    so i just go to any shop or like what can i go to waitrose ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    leahnj but why a teacher ?

ReputationRep:
    you need their permission because you're underage. if they think it will afffect your school work, they won't sign n you cant do it.
    where ever they deliver newspapers, you can ask there

ReputationRep:
    leahnj ok but do i need a permit like from my local council ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Emilis.vir)
    Ok so im 13 i want to do paper rounds but i dont know how to apply or like how it works pls help
    They are usually found in local paper shops. Sometimes they have them in the window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahnj)
    go to your local shop adn ask them about it. they'll give you a form then you have to get a teacher to sign it. after that you'll be good to go. i was paid £20 a week but ask how many and how far it is you have to go and it might increase your pay
    Do you still do it ? And by local shops do you mean corner shops too ? And do you think most corner shops do them nowadays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    They are usually found in local paper shops. Sometimes they have them in the window.
    Do you think this still goes on nowadays because I really want to do this to earn a bit more money however I don’t know where to go

ReputationRep:
    At 13, a paper round is really the only job you can get. Everywhere else will want you to be 15 at the very youngest.

Go into your local post office, ask if they have any available work delivering papers. That's all you need to do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Xo_wero)
    Do you think this still goes on nowadays because I really want to do this to earn a bit more money however I don’t know where to go
    They still do in my local paper shop. You can also go in and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xo_wero)
    Do you still do it ? And by local shops do you mean corner shops too ? And do you think most corner shops do them nowadays
    i did it from 13-15 years old but i stopped bc of gcses. literally ask all shops and corner shops that sell newspapers and youll probably find one. theyll help you from there

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.