Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for and received an unconditional acceptance to study computer science at UWS after I finish school in September 2018.

When I applied I was unsure if I should apply for Computer Science or Accountancy. I applied for Computer Science but now I am wondering if I have made a mistake as I find accounts easier than computer science. Do you have any advice for me?
    Is there an option to change courses at UWS before you begin if so how would I do this if I were to decide to go with the change.

It would be great if i knew how to compare the 2 courses and career options so I could make an informed decision.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by DiSpeirs)
    I have applied for and received an unconditional acceptance to study computer science at UWS after I finish school in September 2018.

When I applied I was unsure if I should apply for Computer Science or Accountancy. I applied for Computer Science but now I am wondering if I have made a mistake as I find accounts easier than computer science. Do you have any advice for me?
    Is there an option to change courses at UWS before you begin if so how would I do this if I were to decide to go with the change.

It would be great if i knew how to compare the 2 courses and career options so I could make an informed decision.
    You should contact their careers or marketing to find out what students go off to do afterwards. The issue is whether you dont have enough expertise for mainstream CS and whether the accounting makes you more or less employable.

Ask them early and they may give you the chance to switch.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 10, 2018

University open days

1. University of the West of Scotland
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.