The Student Room Group

Changing my course

I've applied to 5 university's and 4 accepted my offer and 1 declined. I was thinking after I got my offers that I don't want to do that course anymore (Mechanical engineering) as it has no future with me and I don't find it as interesting anymore. Is it possible to change my application course? or do I have to wait a whole year and cancel this application?
Original post by Minolaft
I've applied to 5 university's and 4 accepted my offer and 1 declined. I was thinking after I got my offers that I don't want to do that course anymore (Mechanical engineering) as it has no future with me and I don't find it as interesting anymore. Is it possible to change my application course? or do I have to wait a whole year and cancel this application?

Ask the four unis which gave you an offer whether they would allow you to change course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minolaft

If you're sure of this choice you can decline all your offers and look for something in UCAS extra. In extra you apply for one university course at a time and then once you have a response you can make a decision about whether to accept it or decline and choose another course to apply for.
You can only participate in extra when you have no offers however, and you only end up with one offer so if you end up missing that and they don't accept you regardless then you end up in clearing.
Extra courses often also accept an alternative personal statement in the case you are changing course so I would advise you write that before you apply for any.
Edit: Whoops missed a key point, as said above you should first see if your current unis (should you like a different course at them) would allow you to change!
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending