Turn on thread page Beta

Online but doesn’t reply to messages watch

Announcements

So this guy I’ve been dating for the last 6 weeks, it started off very intense, I’d see him a lot in the week and we’d go to all these lovely places! We went away for the weekend as well which was really nice. He wasn’t the best at responding quickly before to texts but it wasn’t so bad that it bothered me. He’d mostly be the one who initiated seeing me and he genuinely seemed like he wanted to spend time with me.

Last week he let me meet his parents and the day after I went to dinner with his siblings and their partners. I spent the day afterwards with him as well.

I don’t know what happened but since then it’s like it’s a different person, I’ve had to intiate us seeing each other every time this week, he has hardly spoken to me on text even though he keeps going online a lot so he’s basically ignoring me. He takes hours and hours to reply and keeps coming up with the same old excuse, sorry I fell asleep ( well you were on your phone so you weren’t ) sorry I’ve been busy ( but you were online every ten minutes so not that busy)

Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand that people aren’t glued to their phones and that people have a life. But if you’re constantly online on your phone then surely that’s ignoring someone? When he came over the other day as well, he was an hour late and was on his phone most of the time we were alone...

Maybe I’m overreacting and just getting paranoid from being cheated on by my previous partner and having a similar situation.

I’m wondering what you all think!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't automatically mean that he is up to no good, there may be another reason behind this. Do you find yourself initiating conversation and dates every time? Give him some space and find something else to do to keep busy. Let him contact you when he is ready.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.