Turn on thread page Beta

Predicted 5A*s at A-level and Cambridge offer. AMA. watch

ReputationRep:
    A-levels: Chemistry, Biology, Maths (y12, A*), Further Maths, Dutch (y12, A* because I speak Dutch at home).
    Natural Sciences offer from Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? Your point is????
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Does it satisfy your ego to make this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddhi eater 69)
    The OP worked hard and is motivating students do the same, I am intrigued on how the OP studied, revision techniques and general routine to achieve 5 A*.

ReputationRep:
    Where else did you apply and is Cambridge your firm? Also, whats the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Arthur 284)
    Who cares? Your point is????
    Oooh someone's jealous

ReputationRep:
    Why natural sciences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny.snow)
    Oooh someone's jealous
    Not really, it's a great achievement but man just listed his grades and offer so I assumed it was the "shove it in your face" type thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    Where else did you apply and is Cambridge your firm? Also, whats the offer?
    I applied to Cambridge, Durham, Bath, Sheffield, Bristol. I didnt apply to London because I dont want a city life. My Cambridge offer is A*A*AA, with any combination of subjects except Dutch. Because I have done maths I just need A*AA.
    Cambridge firm and Durham insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, it's a great achievement but man just listed his grades and offer so I assumed it was the "shove it in your face" type thread
    How is it 'shove in your face' when you willingly clicked on this thread?

ReputationRep:
    I mean it's so people can ask for tips and stuff but I can see how it can seem like an ego trip.

ReputationRep:
    what tips can you give for biology and chmesitry please? i need to jump up from D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CashBlack)
    The OP worked hard and is motivating students do the same, I am intrigued on how the OP studied, revision techniques and general routine to achieve 5 A*.
    Normal students firstly don't do 5 A-levels... it's nothing to do with working hard or intelligence they just don't get the chance. For instance my sixth form didn't have anyone doing 4 a-levels, just 3. Also consider that it could be that OP had/has received a lot of extra support that most pupils don't get. Either from tutors or from parents... I've already got my A-levels but something like this doesn't come about through the OP just being really clever 90% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesopotamian.)
    Why natural sciences?
    I am interested in science, and especially biology. Natural sciences seemed like the most suitable course at Cambridge. I applied biology at other unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny.snow)
    Oooh someone's jealous
    lol 😂 I’ve done a lot better then op and o haven’t showed off. Wow you got in to Cambridge. ‘Clap Clap’. Get off your high horse mate. Get your first class honours, get out into the real world and see what you become and how much money you make before you start bragging. Show us the mansion and the private jet and maybe we might get ‘jealous’.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temmy234)
    what tips can you give for biology and chmesitry please? i need to jump up from D
    Don't do passive revision. Study smart, not hard. Read ahead in your textbooks, then when it comes to lessons you'll know everything or be able to ask questions about anything you dont understand. If you dont understand something in chemistry, chemguide is a good website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pereira325)
    Normal students firstly don't do 5 A-levels... it's nothing to do with working hard or intelligence they just don't get the chance. For instance my sixth form didn't have anyone doing 4 a-levels, just 3. Also consider that it could be that OP had/has received a lot of extra support that most pupils don't get. Either from tutors or from parents... I've already got my A-levels but something like this doesn't come about through the OP just being really clever 90% of the time.
    'Normal students' dont abide with you 'Normal specifications'. Why are your bashing OP for pushing himself and clearly working hard to be where he is. And when you say 'you dont have the chance', surely if you wanted to do 5 A levels you would have done so, either by going to a different school where you can do 5 or self studying a couple of them. Stop trying to discredit other people's hard work and intelligence just because you feel uncomfortable that they are better than you, because at the end of the day, OP sat his exams himself, no one else did it for him.
    Don't get mad get good bruh.

ReputationRep:
    lol 😂 I’ve done a lot better then op and o haven’t showed off. Wow you got in to Cambridge. ‘Clap Clap’. Get off your high horse mate. Get your first class honours, get out into the real world and see what you become and how much money you make before you start bragging. Show us the mansion and the private jet and maybe we might get ‘jealous’.
    The only arrogant person here is you. Let people who want to ask questions ask them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pereira325)
    I haven't had a tutor for A-levels or GCSE. My parents don't push and don't help me with school work, though they are supportive. They just let me be. My mum does not know what A-levels I am doing. One of my A-levels (Dutch) I can only do because I lived in a Dutch-speaking country for a while. I did maths in one year (y12) because that's how my school teaches double maths. I go to a state school, though I admit that it is a quite a good grammar school.
    I do appreciate that most people do not have the same opportunities as me, but I have worked to some extent to be where I am.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're jealous af

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.