Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Come back and make a thread if/when you actually get those results

ReputationRep:
    Perfect :rofl:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Lau)
    I got 5A*s in Triple maths, accounting and EPQ in Year 12, predicted another 3A*s in Physics, Economics and Chinese, also aiming for S,S in STEP
    Got a Maths Offer.

Congrats anyway. You’ll be working with some top people in the world. When you get there, you’ll probably realize how brilliant some people are. Be humble all the time.
    That's very impressive! Which subjects did you self teach?
    And what college if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyacarey)
    Personally I find the immune system in AS biology really hard because it's very complicated, but what we're taught is a massive simplification and therefore has lots of gaps. Fortunately the exams don't require much understanding for this topic.
    Further maths has some challenging topics: I find vectors quite hard, and matrices are a bit confusing too.
    Most other topics I find quite straightforward to understand, though they do require some work to remember.
    I find vectors hard in c4 can't even imagine what you're going through with further maths but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me about your alevel experience?Rank your subject in order of: Difficulty EnjoymentWork load ANy regrets?And how is further maths? Overall what your fave and worst subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blos)
    I find vectors hard in c4 can't even imagine what you're going through with further maths but good luck!
    We're just about to start further maths vectors so I cant say how bad it is exactly, but I did find C4 vectors hard last year!

ReputationRep:
    That's very impressive! Which subjects did you self teach?
    And what college if you don't mind me asking?
    Well I attended m/fm lessons with Year 13 last year and taught myself modules like S3/4, M4/5.... Basically self-studied accounting and I’m doing economics in one year(taught myself AS during summer)....

Pembroke College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Yeah you're jealous af
    When did you start revising for AS and A - level exams and how many hours were you doing a night, when you started?

Also dont mean to be greedy w/ the questions but which subject did you find hardest besides further maths.
    PS. Ignore all the haters, IK you were genuinely just trying to give great advice besides why would you care about "showing off" to a bunch of strangers on the internet

Thanks
    Guardian

ReputationRep:
    Well I attended m/fm lessons with Year 13 last year and taught myself modules like S3/4, M4/5.... Basically self-studied accounting and I’m doing economics in one year(taught myself AS during summer)....

Pembroke College.
    Nice! I've self taught S3 and I'm doing it this year. I'm Jesus college. I've got a friend who's also got an offer from Pembroke for maths! (I wont mention his name because he likes to be anonymous).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Arthur 284)
    Who cares? Your point is????
    Ssssss.... Jealousy. You're not qualified enough to accuse the OP until you achieve top results, and enter an elite university!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    Ssssss.... Jealousy. You're not qualified enough to accuse the OP until you achieve top results, and enter an elite university!
    I already have, have you not seen my reply?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I've self taught S3 and I'm doing it this year. I'm Jesus college. I've got a friend who's also got an offer from Pembroke for maths! (I wont mention his name because he likes to be anonymous).
    😂😂😂Shall know him if we both get there in Oct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Arthur 284)
    I already have, have you not seen my reply?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Guardian_)
    When did you start revising for AS and A - level exams and how many hours were you doing a night, when you started?

Also dont mean to be greedy w/ the questions but which subject did you find hardest besides further maths.
    PS. Ignore all the haters, IK you were genuinely just trying to give great advice besides why would you care about "showing off" to a bunch of strangers on the internet

Thanks
    Guardian
    I dont have a proper revision schedule and I havent really kept track of when I started revising; Ive always been doing some kind of work. I dont do work excessively, I just make sure Im not wasting my time with eg gaming or social media. Because exams are coming up soon I have stepped up my revision, so I work maybe a couple of hours a day. In terms of understanding content for subjects, I find biology quite straightforward but I find the exams very difficult because of the ridiculous mark schemes. Chemistry requires you to know most of your course simultaneously in order to understand what's going on, so that can sometimes be a bit of work.
    And thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I got 5A*s in Triple maths, accounting and EPQ in Year 12, predicted another 3A*s in Physics, Economics and Chinese, also aiming for S,S in STEP
    Got a Maths Offer.

Congrats anyway. You’ll be working with some top people in the world. When you get there, you’ll probably realize how brilliant some people are. Be humble all the time.
    Bruh you must be a maths wiz. Any advice for a person doing further maths?

ReputationRep:
    A-levels: Chemistry, Biology, Maths (y12, A*), Further Maths, Dutch (y12, A* because I speak Dutch at home).
    Natural Sciences offer from Cambridge.
    Im actually drowning in jealousy i'd be lucky to get 3 B's at AS on maths further maths and physics let alone a single A

Any advice for maths and further maths? Congratulations by the way, that is a great achievment! I hope you get the A2 results you need to get to cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    😂😂😂Shall know him if we both get there in Oct.
    True! I've also got a friend with an offer from Pembroke for Engineering; his name is Abhishek Shenoy and I'm sure you'll about him in some way. (His nickname is God).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
    Im actually drowning in jealousy i'd be lucky to get 3 B's at AS on maths further maths and physics let alone a single A

Any advice for maths and further maths? Congratulations by the way, that is a great achievment! I hope you get the A2 results you need to get to cambridge.
    Thank you! I'd recommend first using the textbook to understand the content, and then do loads of past papers. You're not likely to run out of past papers. I'd recommend doing them regularly, eg doing one per day for a few weeks will be amazingly helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'd recommend first using the textbook to understand the content, and then do loads of past papers. You're not likely to run out of past papers. I'd recommend doing them regularly, eg doing one per day for a few weeks will be amazingly helpful.
    Im on a new spec, will that change anything, also exam boards are irrelevant right? Just literally overdose on past papers?
    Thanks for the advice : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
    Im on a new spec, will that change anything, also exam boards are irrelevant right? Just literally overdose on past papers?
    Thanks for the advice : )
    I don't know what's exactly on the new spec so speaking to your teachers might be your safest option. I haven't looked at other exam boards because I have never run out of Edexcel papers, though I did do Solomon papers as well occasionally.
    I think that if you're not understanding the questions in past papers, it might be a good idea to try to understand them using eg a textbook as opposed to repeating the questions until you understand.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.