Turn on thread page Beta

WJEC GCSE Music Component 3 (New Eduqas) C660U30-1 - 06 Jun 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    A thread for everyone taking the GCSE Eduquas 9-1 Music this share. Pease feel free to share ideas/worries/advice about the new GCSE as resources are fairly limited.

ReputationRep:
    No but taking edexcel gcse music. What is your listening exam like? And what pieces are you studying?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    We are only studying two set pieces , Since you been Gone by Rainbow and MInuet and Trio from Mozart’s Eine Keine Nachtmusik which aren’t too bad. Are listening exam seems to be ok , we have a few essay questions were we have to describe a chase scene and stuff like that. The only problem is it’s a bit of an obscure board so there are really many example papers (that our teacher has shown us anyway) so no one really knows what to exspect !

(Original post by bluemuffin)
    No but taking edexcel gcse music. What is your listening exam like? And what pieces are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Nice exam thread! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing If you feel like making any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising

ReputationRep:
    My music class changed to eduquas at the start of this year (y11) and honestly I’m so relieved. Even though it’s an obscure board, it’s so much easier than aqa was, I prefer the set works as well which is good

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OCR but is anyone having trouble with their composition cause it counts for 30% in our GCSE's and I don't know how to improve my ideas

ReputationRep:
    Potential grade boundaries (given by exam board)
    9-220/240-92.5%
    8-208/240-86.6%
    7-190/240-79.5%
    6-174/240-72.5%
    5-160/240-66.2%
    4-144/240-60%
    3-114/240-47.5%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lwh123)
    I'm doing OCR but is anyone having trouble with their composition cause it counts for 30% in our GCSE's and I don't know how to improve my ideas
    Same ! My teacher is being really annoying and deleted about half of my composition and changed it cause she didn’t like it .

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’m doing edquas gcse music which is much better than edexcel, I’m aimming for a grade 7/8
    To revise I’d say make sure you know all key dates, chord progessions and also annotate scores.
    For grade boundaries this is what I’m thinking:
    Grade 4: 55%
    Grade 5: 67%
    Grade 6: 72%
    Grade 7: 80%
    Grade 8: 87%
    Grade 9: 93%
    My course work is 137 / 144 which is roughly grade 9. 95%
    However when you bring the exam into it things are different
    So out of 96 I am aiming for 65/96
    So all together 202/ 240 which roughly 83% which would be a high 7 low 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia.jonathon)
    Potential grade boundaries (given by exam board)
    9-220/240-92.5%
    8-208/240-86.6%
    7-190/240-79.5%
    6-174/240-72.5%
    5-160/240-66.2%
    4-144/240-60%
    3-114/240-47.5%
    ohmygod those grade boundaries are so high??? rip my chances of getting a 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redhen430)
    ohmygod those grade boundaries are so high??? rip my chances of getting a 9
    I know it’s RIDICULOUS

ReputationRep:
    Gcse music here is totally different nothing similar to you lot wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia.jonathon)
    I know it’s RIDICULOUS
    it's so bad I need to basically get 100% in listening if I want a 9 ://///

ReputationRep:
    Just to you let you know that there is a now a pack of listening tests available on Amazon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmapie01xoxo)
    Hey, I’m doing edquas gcse music which is much better than edexcel, I’m aimming for a grade 7/8
    To revise I’d say make sure you know all key dates, chord progessions and also annotate scores.
    For grade boundaries this is what I’m thinking:
    Grade 4: 55%
    Grade 5: 67%
    Grade 6: 72%
    Grade 7: 80%
    Grade 8: 87%
    Grade 9: 93%
    My course work is 137 / 144 which is roughly grade 9. 95%
    However when you bring the exam into it things are different
    So out of 96 I am aiming for 65/96
    So all together 202/ 240 which roughly 83% which would be a high 7 low 8
    i feel as if the grade boundaries could go down more as this year is the first year to do 9-1 gcse music

ReputationRep:
    guys im so confused isnt the paper out of 72 not 96??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YSherbert)
    guys im so confused isnt the paper out of 72 not 96??
    No I think it’s 96 , not sure though

ReputationRep:
    Am doing WJEC and our paper is out of 72, Eduqas is 96 because you guys have a longer paper (because you have 40% weighting on the appraisal and we only have 30%)

Am not thinking it's gonna go well- am never confident though. I'm very thankful for the fact that this is the smallest section of the overall grade because my performance and composition went well. I think. I hope.

(Above all I'm very happy to be Welsh and to have kept the A*-G system. It's easier)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewianter)
    Am doing WJEC and our paper is out of 72, Eduqas is 96 because you guys have a longer paper (because you have 40% weighting on the appraisal and we only have 30%)

Am not thinking it's gonna go well- am never confident though. I'm very thankful for the fact that this is the smallest section of the overall grade because my performance and composition went well. I think. I hope.

(Above all I'm very happy to be Welsh and to have kept the A*-G system. It's easier)
    Don’t worry I’m really scared too! Tried to do some of the practice papers and they weren’t great ! I’m sure you’ll be fine though

ReputationRep:
    well... im pretty sure i got around 180 out of 240 overall ://// thats apparently a 6 rip

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.