Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi! my name is charl and i'm in year 12. i'm a disabled student at sixth form studying history, chemistry and philosophy aspiring to do history and politics or liberal arts at university.

this is a veryyyy late GYG, but my health has been bad recently and i need some motivation for when i feel okay!

the all-important gcse grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show

english lit: 9
    english lang: 7
    maths: 7
    chemistry: A
    physics: A
    biology: A
    history: A*
    philosophy and ethics: A*
    french: A
    and i did ECDL and got a Dist*, not that i really count it!

so considering i missed nearly half of year 10, i'm pretty proud!

i would apologise for my lack of using caps but that's just me:rolleyes: hopefully you enjoy my updates!

ReputationRep:
    saturday 10th march💫

ironically having started this for my good days i had a pretty bad health day but i managed to:

-do a mindmap on william james for my religious experience unit in philosophy
    -did half of my tudors extracts essay

tomorrow i have to finish my essay, do more religious experiences revision and do a little work on my cambridge essay comp entry☀️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    loving your blog, well done on your GCSE grades good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by circleofsighs)
    loving your blog, well done on your GCSE grades good luck!
    thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    sunday 11th march 2018📚

had a much better day today!! i have:
    -finished my tudors extracts essay
    -done a mindmap for objections to religious experiences for philosophy
    -done flashcards for all of the religious experience unit
    -worked on my cambridge essay (mainly references)

two christian thought lessons, two study halls (supervised study) and a tudors lesson to look forward to tomorrow🙃
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    hello, good luck with your blog- i'm sure you'll smash your grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    hello, good luck with your blog- i'm sure you'll smash your grades!
    thank you so so much!! 💫

ReputationRep:
    monday 12th march☄️

didn’t update last night because we had problems with our wifi🙄

yesterday i had two developments in christian thought lessons, one of which we just watched a film on bonhoeffer. i had a tudors lesson but loads of people were on a trip so we barely covered anything. i wrote up some chem notes in supervised study which was gooddd.

in the evening i printed, highlighted and filed anything i needed to and did a load of revision for my philosophy timed essay that i had this morning.

hope you’re all having a good week🌈

ReputationRep:
    tuesday 13th march☀️

today i had a timed essay in philosophy which i think i flopped🤦🏻*♀️ then a really bad chem lesson and an okay history lesson on the communists

this evening has been one of those where everything seems to happen🤦🏻*♀️ but i watched a tudors documentary for homework and did a mindmap for wolsey’s domestic policies.

double tudors, chemistry, enrichment and christian thought tomorrow in which i’m probably getting my essay back😑

ReputationRep:
    wednesday 14th march🙃

today was a bit of a mixed bag but it was okay. got my christian thought essay back and i got 35/40🤗 chem was good too and i really understood the topic (mass spec in organic analysis)!! tudors double was okay too.

this evening i’ve literally only worked on my cambridge comp essay entry but i have a study hall and a free tomorrow so it’s all good☺️

ReputationRep:
    thursday 15th march💫

had a decent day today!! had an appointment this morning so wasn’t in school until period 3.

we’ve finished the philosophy units now so we’re onto christian thought in both our philosophy and ethics lessons.

i then had a really good free, managed to do my history and christian thought homeworks☺️

last lesson was chemistry and we did some more work on mass spec in organic analysis then started work on a required practical.

this evening i did some enthalpy questions, my tudors homework and work on my cambridge comp essay😊

ReputationRep:
    friday 16th march🌈

physical chem this morning was good, doing enthalpy questions and got some right!! then a supervised study session where I FINISHED MY CAMBRIDGE ESSAY!! finally!! history was nothing special, then a free where i finished that work. then we had an inorganic chem revision lesson and after school chem was organic revision. (fridays are so chem filled)

didn’t do any work tonight because on a friday i have cubs and explorers. i get home at 4:30 and leave again at 5:30😅

ReputationRep:
    monday 19th 2018⭐️

long time no see😅 i’ve had a couple of bad days with my health so haven’t done much and ended up sent home today

but tonight i felt a bit better, did my history homework for germany and did some ethics revision

lots to do tomorrow because i’m a tad behind from the last few days🙃😅

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Charls! Hope it all works out for you- you seem like a great guy!

ReputationRep:
    tuesday 20th march 2018🌈

•philosophy - got my essay back and got 29/40!! i’ve been getting A*s on the other side of the course but struggling on my philo so this B is a big mood lifter😊

•chem - started kinetics, it was alright

•history - did some work on nsdap ideologies

•free - did some philosophy revision on plato

•evening - have done my history homework and some more philosophy revision ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Li0n)
    Good luck Charls! Hope it all works out for you- you seem like a great guy!
    thank you💫💫

ReputationRep:
    thursday 22nd march 2018💓

hi!! didn’t post yesterday because i had a day off with my chronic illness acting up🙃

i only have two lessons on a thursday - philosophy (now christian thought) and organic chem. christian thought was alright, carried on with augustine; in chem we did a PAG which was fine too. did some history and my head girl application letter in my supervised study and free.

this evening i finished my head girl app, philo notes and history catch-up! off to oxford tomorrow with school which will be fun☀️

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.