Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the people studying at QMUL or offer holders, I'd like to know:

- Whether they have any sports teams, and which? Is it open to everyone?
    - Do they offer the choice to study languages alongside your course, and if so,is it
    available for all courses?
    - What the student life is like, is it intense studying or is there a good balance?
    - What is the accommodation like?
    - And any other information you can give me!

ReputationRep:
    -We have a gym called Qmotion with reduced prices for students
    -I'm a BL student and I know we have a Rowing society so I'm pretty sure there's loads more other sporting societies around the main campus (not a sporty person so I have poor knowledge about this)
    -there are loads of events and societies going on all the time, plus we get freebies from companies who sometimes set up stalls around the Mile End campus and loads of charities and organisations that students can get involved with so student life is certainly very active
    -I live at home so cant say too much about the accommodation but I've heard fellow students say it's quite cheap and they do quite decent rooms, but again I'm basing this on the Whitechapel campus so hopefully someone else can comment on that
    -not sure about the languages. I've heard of some people setting up Arabic and Farsi classes but I'm not sure if there are other languages available or how long/frequent the sessions are
    - QM is a good uni. I'm personally not enjoying my time at uni but that's more to do with the people around me than the actual university. There's lots of welfare support available to students too which is a good thing

Can't think of anything else, but if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sophieegou)
    For the people studying at QMUL or offer holders, I'd like to know:

- Whether they have any sports teams, and which? Is it open to everyone?
    - Do they offer the choice to study languages alongside your course, and if so,is it
    available for all courses?
    - What the student life is like, is it intense studying or is there a good balance?
    - What is the accommodation like?
    - And any other information you can give me!
    I'll move this to the QMUL subforum for you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 11, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.