Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I'm applying for Medicine in October. I'll be doing the UKCAT, but don't know which Uni's accept this (and not the BMAT)???Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imofisher)
    Hi,I'm applying for Medicine in October. I'll be doing the UKCAT, but don't know which Uni's accept this (and not the BMAT)???Please help
    Every UK university except Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Leeds, Brighton and Sussex, and Lancaster want the UKCAT in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

read this thoroughly

ReputationRep:
    If you are asking if the UKCAT ONLY is enough, then yes certainly. A lot of applicants only apply to UKCAT unis because their scores turn out high and there is no point risking the BMAT. Remember you have your UKCAT score at hand when you apply but you will already have sent off your application by the time you sit the BMAT.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

You can see a list of which medical schools require the UKCAT on our UKCAT Guide - as well as a list of which med schools require the BMAT on our BMAT Guide. These pages also have lots of tips on how to prepare for each exam.

If you're confused about any stage of the application process, you might also find it useful to read our Step-by-Step Guide to Studying Medicine.

If you're looking for resources to prepare for the UKCAT, we have a completely free UKCAT Question Bank with thousands of questions and detailed answer explanations which you can use to practise!

Hope this helps!
    The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    Hi has one been released for 2019 entry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicbeans1212)
    Hi has one been released for 2019 entry
    no, but i assume it'll be the same thing essentially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amaraub)
    no, but i assume it'll be the same thing essentially.
    Well there is new gcse bs for english and maths

ReputationRep:
    Have you even tried to Google this before asking? Try UKCAT universities and there will be an answer!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get a solid UKCAT score look at the BMAT universities.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.