Turn on thread page Beta

Women now control more than half of US wealth and this is expected to rise watch

ReputationRep:
    Despite working less than men women now control more wealth than half the wealth in the US, no doubt thanks in large part to 100 years of sexism and prioritising of women over men.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/women-...-wealth-2015-4

The articles celebrates this fact that women now own more wealth than men but calls out the gap between women and men in overall salary as sexism....Double standards....no?

ReputationRep:
    How can women own more than women?

The attitude seems to be: Equality will only be achieved when half the top 0.1% are women. And if that means making the top 25% 90% female, so be it.

Still, the only people to benefit from American feminism are upper-class white women. I doubt the pie is so evenly divided if we look closely at racial or - god forbid - class divides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngeryPenguin)
    The attitude seems to be: Equality will only be achieved when half the top 0.1% are women. And if that means making the top 25% 90% female, so be it.
    Its not about equality. Its about power and control for women and you are right....most of these women will be white. Where men outnumber or outperform women they call it sexism but they celebrate when women outnumber or outperform men and do their utmost to prevent men from gaining equality. Women have now outnumbered men in medicine a STEM field for over a decade. The GMC a now highly feminised public body has done its utmost to keep the government from introducing quotas that would see men catch up to women in medicine. Its not about equality my friend. Its about superiority:

“I have always gone out and advocated to women you must get your hands on levers, you must get hold of power, you must be where decisions are made. “Because otherwise if you leave it to – I’m going to say men in this case because that’s the way the world has worked – you get terrible decisions. “Look at the mess the world is in, and look who has been in charge. I leave it there.” Lynn featherstone Women’s Equality Minister.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they end up owning it by marrying and divorcing and taking half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geezer_soze)
    yeah they end up owning it by marrying and divorcing and taking half
    Laws introduced thanks to feminist activism have allowed women across the west to exploit men in this way....if this isn't an example of female privilege and sexism against men in society, if this isn't an example of the destructive nature of feminism, then I don't know what is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.