Turn on thread page Beta

So there's this Romanian girl studying at university at my year and I would like to get to know her but she's always with her little group which consist of people from her country. I've talked too, (just hi, how's it going and stuff) but haven't talked to her again. Do international students just prefer being with people from their own country or something, don't really see her talking to other people much either. Not really sure what to do...

Thanks...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Some international students mainly make friends with people from their country but that doesn't mean they won't make friends with others. Just go up and talk to her when you can.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I've been in a similar situation. There wasn't anyone I wanted to talk to in particular. But there was a group of eastern European international students that always stuck together and I saw them in the cafeteria and I needed somewhere to sit so I just sat down there and conversation started. Ended up being friends with some of them.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Lol I've been in a similar situation. There wasn't anyone I wanted to talk to in particular. But there was a group of eastern European international students that always stuck together and I saw them in the cafeteria and I needed somewhere to sit so I just sat down there and conversation started. Ended up being friends with some of them.
    oh cool, just wondering what did you talk about? (I'll guess just general stuff... but anything in particular?). My course has 80% foreign people which is crazy tbh, it can be difficult to make friends or just talk to other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this Romanian girl studying at university at my year and I would like to get to know her but she's always with her little group which consist of people from her country.
    Gypsies? jk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    oh cool, just wondering what did you talk about? (I'll guess just general stuff... but anything in particular?). My course has 80% foreign people which is crazy tbh, it can be difficult to make friends or just talk to other people.
    i can't remember lol. Like just normal stuff. They were gossiping about random people and asked me if I knew them. I was asking them who they're talkign about etc. Also I was on an animation course with 4 pathways (VFX, game art, 2d animation, 3d animation) so pretty much every conversation between people on my course when they're introducing themselves is/was, "which course are you on? what year are you in? oh do you know *insert name* then? Are you in *insert name* class? this lecturer is such a **** lmao."

Also stuff like 'were you at the party? do you want to come to this party in the future?" lmao.

I threw alot of parties at university, it was one of the things I was known for, so that was one of the ways I got to know people lol. (Also did dungeons n dragons sessions occassionally where i mostly got drunk and wore my helmet).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.