Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedLuxemburg)
    Fascism is a greater threat, in all it's form from Whabisim to Nazism to Pinochetism to Stalinism.

AntiFa is against all forms of Fascism and supports a democratic and socially just society.
    What sort of democratic society allows you to punch people for wrongthink?

Is violence a legitimate political tool antifa believe yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dafios9128)
    Some notes would be appreciated
    It’s a motion what spells out the point, they match the definition of a terrorist organisation so should be recognised as one.

ReputationRep:
    A Britain First fellow traveller assassinated an MP in 2016 and five far right terrorist plots were stopped in the last year by the security services.

Facism is far more dangerous that Anti-Facism.
    If you want Britain first covered here’s an idea do what I did and submit something to do that rather than defending terrorists

ReputationRep:
    Antifa in the real world would be a terrorist organisation- The fact is in real life politics the liberal mainstream media with the help of big politics amplifies terrorist groups such as Antifa and Black Lives matter.

Terrorism is defined as using violence or intimidation towards civilians in order to push a political motive- Antifa is really a terrorist organisation please watch the rancid leftists harrass and attack a member of the public for holding up a sign stating " The right to openly discuss ideas must be defended" A true statement and is also a necessary to ensure that free speech is amplified and censorship is limited. Antifa being opposed to fascism should agree with that statement- No! they decided that they would progress to attack the man holding the sign.

Please see video below

Nationwide Antifa should be banned as a terrorist organisation- I am all for free speech even as a socially conservative man i defend the right for the left to have an opinion and have their marches but when they are going into overdrive and start attacking people this is when the mainstream media should start reporting on there events and showing what clowns they actually are. Groups on the right such as Football Lads Alliance who march against extremism mainly Islamic extremism can manage to have a peaceful march with no violence Antifa can't take their ideas being challenged and start going down the intimidation route when they can not get there own way. If I was a member i would vote through the motive.

ReputationRep:
    Aye

ReputationRep:
    A Britain First fellow traveller assassinated an MP in 2016 and five far right terrorist plots were stopped in the last year by the security services.

Facism is far more dangerous that Anti-Facism.
    That may be, but that was an isolated incident- Antifa cause havoc wherever they go and attack people who challenge their opinions.

Lets have a look at the perpetrators of terrorist attacks in the UK- there was 32 convictions of Islamist terrorists and one for a right wing terrorist- throughout the European continent there has been 39 left wing terrorist convictions to one right wing conviction. If the police bothered with Antifa the left wing numbers would be in the hundreds here in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joep95)
    What sort of democratic society allows you to punch people for wrongthink?

Is violence a legitimate political tool antifa believe yes?
    Violence should only ever be used as a past resort and civilians protected.

If political activists commit crimes they should be arrested and brought before the courts to face a jury of there peers.

I just don't think antifa is a terrorist organisation.

ReputationRep:
    Violence should only ever be used as a past resort and civilians protected.

If political activists commit crimes they should be arrested and brought before the courts to face a jury of there peers.

I just don't think antifa is a terrorist organisation.
    Despite them fitting the definition of a terrorist organisation

ReputationRep:
    If you want Britain first covered here’s an idea do what I did and submit something to do that rather than defending terrorists
    Maybe i will, antifa aren't a terrorist group though.

ReputationRep:
    Despite them fitting the definition of a terrorist organisation
    Punching people isn't terrorism in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stewpid)
    That may be, but that was an isolated incident- Antifa cause havoc wherever they go and attack people who challenge their opinions.

Lets have a look at the perpetrators of terrorist attacks in the UK- there was 32 convictions of Islamist terrorists and one for a right wing terrorist- throughout the European continent there has been 39 left wing terrorist convictions to one right wing conviction. If the police bothered with Antifa the left wing numbers would be in the hundreds here in the UK
    That's only figures for one year and far right and Islamic terrorism both come under the umbrella term fascist terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    Punching people isn't terrorism in my opinion.
    Have you ever read the definition of terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe i will, antifa aren't a terrorist group though.
    Not if you apply some other definition of terrorist or organisation than the legal term

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever read the definition of terrorism?
    Yes and like all laws there's different interpretations; imo punching a few fascists isn't terrorism, gunning them down with AK-47 would be.

As anyone ever been charged with terrorism for punching someone?

ReputationRep:
    Yes and like all laws there's different interpretations; imo punching a few fascists isn't terrorism, gunning them down with AK-47 would be.

As anyone ever been charged with terrorism for punching someone?
    It is terrorism, would you support groups going around attacking labour supporters?

ReputationRep:
    It is terrorism, would you support groups going around attacking labour supporters?
    No i wouldn't but i wouldn't call it terrorism if it was just punching.

I don't support antifa but there not terrorists.

ReputationRep:

The definition of terrorism says otherwise

ReputationRep:
    The definition of terrorism says otherwise
    Show me someone convicted of terrorism for punching and i'll show you a flying pig.

ReputationRep:
    That's only figures for one year and far right and Islamic terrorism both come under the umbrella term fascist terrorism.
    Most Muslims vote for the left so by extension it's left wing terrorism

By definition of terrorism they perfectly fit the bill. The definition of terrorism is using violence and/or terrorism to push a political objective-essentially what Antifa do

ReputationRep:
    Most Muslims vote for the left so by extension it's left wing terrorism
    No that's ridiculous, Isis etc... are Fascists who have distorted there religion.

By definition of terrorism they perfectly fit the bill. The definition of terrorism is using violence and/or terrorism to push a political objective-essentially what Antifa do
    Show me someone being charged with terrorism for punching.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.