Turn on thread page Beta

A Levels, Stress, Depression, HELP!!!! watch

Hi, I've been suffering from depression quite a while now. I am retaking my A-Levels at home as I wasn't happy at school with my results. I've got top tutors who work in private schools. The thing is everything was going well except my English Literature. I had a tutor who didn't work in a school and he didn't teach me for a 2 months. Through word of mouth I found a tutor who works at a private school. Anyway, I'm aiming for top A* grades as I've never got an A* before. With my other two A-Levels they are going well, but with English I am starting to get stressed out massively as with my new tutor for a month we are going through the 1st year of the books. We are yet to move through the 2nd year, he only started teaching me at the end of January. I've thought about giving up in general as I really want that A* in English Lit. Do you think it is still possible for me to get an A* even if I haven't already moved onto the 2nd year of the course. I feel like giving up as I have an attitude of it's A* or nothing. I really need it for uni but feel I've messed up and feel even more so stressed and feel worthless as I'm wasting my parents' hard earned money who have rubbish jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I've been suffering from depression quite a while now. I am retaking my A-Levels at home as I wasn't happy at school with my results. I've got top tutors who work in private schools. The thing is everything was going well except my English Literature. I had a tutor who didn't work in a school and he didn't teach me for a 2 months. Through word of mouth I found a tutor who works at a private school. Anyway, I'm aiming for top A* grades as I've never got an A* before. With my other two A-Levels they are going well, but with English I am starting to get stressed out massively as with my new tutor for a month we are going through the 1st year of the books. We are yet to move through the 2nd year, he only started teaching me at the end of January. I've thought about giving up in general as I really want that A* in English Lit. Do you think it is still possible for me to get an A* even if I haven't already moved onto the 2nd year of the course. I feel like giving up as I have an attitude of it's A* or nothing. I really need it for uni but feel I've messed up and feel even more so stressed and feel worthless as I'm wasting my parents' hard earned money who have rubbish jobs.
    Is there any way you can work ahead on year 2 content so that when your tutor finally teaches it you'll have a good understanding anyway? It may just be possible and tbh I'm thinking the same thing about my A Level Maths. I hope I get A* but ik I can get into a brilliant uni with A- maybe look at uni sites just to check and reassure yourself. I do think if you're able in other subjects, you'll be able to just about manage doing well in English. Good luck!

Hi, I've learnt all the books already from last year but I need to read them again, it's only 2 books and some poems not a lot. In the first year it's quite a bit. I had to do 3 books. I'm nearly finished the 2nd book. The 3rd book will take about 1.5 weeks. It's really stressful and I feel like giving up all in general as I need that A* in English Literature.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.