Stomach breathing Watch

Dianthus
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I've always breathed through my stomach, and I find breathing "correctly" (through your chest) extremely hard to do. I've never been able to breathe through my chest. I heard that stomach breathing is good for you, but there are also people saying it's bad for you... So is it or isn't it bad??
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Idk, I always breathe with my chest bc that's where my lungs are.
Supernova36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What ? :dontknow:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
HeartBlink
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Dianthus)
I've always breathed through my stomach, and I find breathing "correctly" (through your chest) extremely hard to do. I've never been able to breathe through my chest. I heard that stomach breathing is good for you, but there are also people saying it's bad for you... So is it or isn't it bad??
You should breathe through your stomach, breathing through your chest is bad. I know you'd think you're supposed to breathe through your chest because that's where lungs are but it makes breathing less efficient. Your diaphragm is just above your stomach (between thorax and abdomen) and when it contracts, volume increases, pressure decreases so air can move into your lungs. The diaphragm contracts more when you breathe through your stomach than chest.
HeartBlink
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Idk, I always breathe with my chest bc that's where my lungs are.
^
The PoliticalGuy
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Dianthus)
Wait, What?

(Original post by LunaCat)
You should breathe through your stomach, breathing through your chest is bad. I know you'd think you're supposed to breathe through your chest because that's where lungs are but it makes breathing less efficient. Your diaphragm is just above your stomach (between thorax and abdomen) and when it contracts, volume increases, pressure decreases so air can move into your lungs. The diaphragm contracts more when you breathe through your stomach than chest.
*Begins to think avidly about what is going on and the his mind explodes*
Whaaaaaaat?
HeartBlink
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
*Begins to think avidly about what is going on and the his mind explodes*
Whaaaaaaat?
Perks of doing biology alevels
Ngl that's in gcse as well :rofl:
Dianthus
Rep:
?
(Original post by LunaCat)
Thank yoouuu~
Consectatrix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
what is going on
Dianthus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Consectatrix)
what is going on
I have no idea. Just roll with it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads