Turn on thread page Beta

Haven't revised in 4 days and feeling burnt out watch

Announcements

My first A2 exam is in a little over a month and I've never felt so demotivated. I've done 0 work in 4 days and I feel so guilty but I just can't bring myself to do anything (I've literally spent most of today sleeping). I've been revising a lot from quite early on so my grades are pretty good but now I'm burning out at the completely wrong time 😣 Ugh I don't know what to do, force myself to do work and try and wait until I snap out of this?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    try studying in a different place for a while, usually i find its nice to have a change of environment
    also start planning what you want to achieve and start off with a smaller things, to get you back into the swing of things

we have all been there so i hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My first A2 exam is in a little over a month and I've never felt so demotivated. I've done 0 work in 4 days and I feel so guilty but I just can't bring myself to do anything (I've literally spent most of today sleeping). I've been revising a lot from quite early on so my grades are pretty good but now I'm burning out at the completely wrong time 😣 Ugh I don't know what to do, force myself to do work and try and wait until I snap out of this?
    This tends to happen when you start revision too early, burnt out and brain turns to mush.
    My advice: stop and collect yourself, act like this is the beginning of your revision rather than the end. Try and different technique of revision that doesn’t involve long notes - try condensing them down, flash cards are often helpful but try writing out notes from memory. Try past papers! Best revision technique imo, plus they are easy to get at A2.
    You need to give your brain refreshing new starts to the subjects without going over stuff you already know. It may take a while to get back into a steady flow but reorganising and trying new techniques is the only way to trick your brain into concentrating
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I find that having a regular sleeping pattern, helps you feel more motivated.

Like if I miss my alarm and wake up even 1 hour late, the entire day I feel lazy and cant concentrate.

First focus on getting sensible sleeping hours.

Then try revising in blocks on 1 hour and make a list of what you hope to achieve in each hour.

I find videos from this youtuber called unjaded jade help alot with how to revise

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.