Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

can you please tell me what your experience was?
    especially if you're someone who had worn it for a long time, how did it feel taking it off for the first time.
    Did you feel more or less pressure? Did you focus on your appearance more and did it have a positive or negative impact on your life?

I wore the hijab (headscarf + abaya) for five years, starting from when I was 11. I left Islam around 14, so I was wearing it and hating it for 2 years.

Warm breezes in your hair is the best thing and I'll never take that **** for granted again. I initially felt a little self conscious and straightened my hair a lot, but then I gradually stopped and now I hardly use heat tools and pretty much roll with whatever my hair looks like out the shower, and I feel fine about it. You eventually realise your hair is nothing special and nobody really pays that much attention because you look like literally everyone else. (Your hair is gorgeous btw so maybe that won't apply to you bc it's so pretty)

Overall, positive experience.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.