Turn on thread page Beta

Paralegal Interview watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I have a paralegal interview with DAC Beachcroft for their Motor Credit Hire role.

I was notified that there will be a 30 min test prior the interview.I just wanted to know if anyone who has experience with this could suggest some tips, and with the interview in general

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Anyone?
    I don't know DACB particularly but I work as a PL at a very good firm just around the corner (we beat DACB a lot..!). In my first interview (with the HR adviser responsible for my department) they didn't want to ask too much about the law but general CV questions, situational questions, the sort of thing you would expect at any graduate level job interview.

The subsequent interviews with an Associate / Partner touched more on legal issues, recent cases of interest, costs reforms, and commercial awareness issues but they are really looking for keenness rather than expertise/accuracy. Obviously, don't talk rubbish though. Read up about some of their recent cases/clients on their website.

I had a test which was basically to draft a case commentary in response to a few particular questions about a case that was due for judgment in the UKSC, but that was take home rather than pre-interview. I would expect your test will be some sort of drafting exercise, maybe a letter to a client? They will want to check that you can fulfil the role of Paralegal rather than working out whether you're going to be a brilliant lawyer one day.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsmusicfrench)
    I don't know DACB particularly but I work as a PL at a very good firm just around the corner (we beat DACB a lot..!). In my first interview (with the HR adviser responsible for my department) they didn't want to ask too much about the law but general CV questions, situational questions, the sort of thing you would expect at any graduate level job interview.

The subsequent interviews with an Associate / Partner touched more on legal issues, recent cases of interest, costs reforms, and commercial awareness issues but they are really looking for keenness rather than expertise/accuracy. Obviously, don't talk rubbish though. Read up about some of their recent cases/clients on their website.

I had a test which was basically to draft a case commentary in response to a few particular questions about a case that was due for judgment in the UKSC, but that was take home rather than pre-interview. I would expect your test will be some sort of drafting exercise, maybe a letter to a client? They will want to check that you can fulfil the role of Paralegal rather than working out whether you're going to be a brilliant lawyer one day.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    Thank you for your advice! I felt as though the test would be based on a case/scenario? And they would ask me how I would respond to it?

I think I will have a look at their recent cases, clients and what they expect from me etc thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    I felt as though the test would be based on a case/scenario? And they would ask me how I would respond to it?
    I think they may ask you questions like that in the interview but the task will be something else. I'm not sure though.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.