Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do if a red error message shows up online? watch

ReputationRep:
    So today I was on my laptop checking my emails when suddenly this red message appeared saying in a new window saying someone is trying to access your login details and bank details but it's ok because ...... has done something. I don't remember everything the message said and then at the bottom it said call this number immediately. I realised it was a scam and
    tried to close the window, it took a few attempts then I logged out of everything I was logged into which was tsr and my email and logged off my laptop. Was that the right thing to do? What can I do to prevent the red message appearing again?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well you didn't have to log off your laptop. Get a pop-up blocker in future and definitely scan your computer using Malwarebytes.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.