Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I recently went to an offer holders day at the uni for computer science and looked at a a few self-catered accommodations (Raleigh park and Broadgate park). I also saw some of the accommodation at the Jubilee campus where all of my lectures, tutorials etc would take place. I'm torn between where to stay at the moment. I don't mind getting hopper bus to the Jubilee campus as i'd rather be more involved within the uni itself, I particularly don't want to miss out on the social aspects of the uni life which I feel may happen staying at Jubilee. I'm heavily into gym and hoping to get involved with some of the sport activities and clubs etc. Considering these points i'd appreciate if anyone could give me some insight as to the pros and cons of staying in particular locations, thanks.
    • TSR Community Team

TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

The atmosphere on Jubilee is less lively but by no means boring. The two undergraduate halls share catered facilities and form quite a close-knit community, so don't worry too much about the social atmosphere. I for one had a fantastic first year at Jubilee Campus.

However, it sounds like you would want to get involved in a fair few university societies and sports (which I would encourage!), for which most of their sessions will be on UP. Getting there is pretty easy from Jubilee (25 min walk, 10 min cycle, 5 min Hopper bus), but for that reason, you may be better off living on University Park. It is worth noting that Jubilee Campus does have a well equipped Sports Centre, but if you're keen to use lots of the facilities / pool you may be more interested in the David Ross Sports Village, again on University Park.

From what I can gather then, UP might be the best option for you - so long as you don't mind getting the bus across for your studies. Be warned though, Hopper buses are notoriously difficult to catch early on in the morning (for 9ams in particular), so if you are finding it difficult, you may be better off leaving more time to cycle or even just walk.

All the best with your decision
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.