Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me out. I am deciding between Leeds arts uni and Wimbledon UAL. Is one better than the other? What's the art scene in leeds like? Anything you have to say about the uni let me know. Any replies are massively appreciated!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I love LAU and I'm so excited to be going this year. Leeds is full of creative people and culture. I would recommend both the city and the uni from what I've seen! As for the teaching, art styles, etc - I'm not sure. I would recommend looking at review websites if you haven't already, like StudentCrowd or WhatUni.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Hannah

I've recently graduated from the Fine Art course at Leeds Arts University and I'm now a member of staff. I know the university really well and have lived in Leeds for nearly four years!

What course have you applied for?

Leeds Arts University is an institution dedicated entirely to the arts, I've made a lot of friends and collaborators within University. It's very easy to become part of the 'art-scene' in Leeds when you're surrounded by creatives. Leeds also has amazing and affordable access to surrounding art galleries and museums, to name a few... The Hepworth, Wakefield, Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Manchester is only 45 minutes away!

Like @Betsy_2018 has said, please read our reviews on websites such as WhatUni. In 2016 we won the best University Facilities in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards. This year we have been nominated for: University of the Year, City Life, Courses and Lecturers, Uni Facilities and Student Support.

The art-scene in Leeds is amazing, there are numerous art collectives and independent studios that continuously hold events within the city every week. There is always something to go see and meeting new like-minded people is very easy!

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Belinda

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.