Turn on thread page Beta

Nottingham vs Leeds watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have received offers from Nottingham (Industrial Econ) and Leeds (International Business). Can anyone who goes to these uni's give me an insight in what life is like, and even better any feedback if you study either of these courses?

I have visited Leeds and thought it looked great, I have yet to visit Nottingham but plan to next week. I get the impression that Nottingham is slightly more prestigious but Leeds is renowned for its social life/SU?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham Uni is the greatest place in the world 😂 It gets a reputation that it’s students never finish a sentence without talking about how great it is. For very good reason! I didn’t study either of those courses, however I’m aware that Nottingham is extremely highly placed in terms of economics.

I visited both Nottingham and Leeds prior to choosing my university and when I went to Nottingham I knew it was for. That was long before I got a taste of the nightlife! The clubs are insane, there are so many, there’s all nighters in clubs and you get breakfast the next morning (like what!?). Staff walking around with trays of bacon and sausage sandwiches!!

So clearly I’ve a very bias opinion. But it was easily the best time of my life spent at Nottingham the amazing city, the unrivalled extraordinary campus and the exceptional nightlife. You will be taught by world leading academics, most of whom will have written the textbooks you’ll be taught from and you will have to go a long way to find professors more enthusiastic in their subject areas. I highly recommend Notts!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thats all valuable stuff mate thank you! I guess my main for for Nottingham compared to Leeds is that the night/social life would be worse but sounds like thats not the case at all!

ReputationRep:
    Bump anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hey hello
    I have applied for Nottingham and Leeds as well for HRM. So what did you choose in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naveenprasad)
    Hey hello
    I have applied for Nottingham and Leeds as well for HRM. So what did you choose in the end?
    Hey, I chose Nottingham !

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. I'm really confused about choosing either of them.
    Can you tell me what made you chose Nottingham over Leeds?
    Was your choice purely based on academic or did you consider other things?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.