Turn on thread page Beta

I get so scared of beautiful girls! Help!?!? watch

Can anyone relate to me? Everytime I see a really pretty girl on the train and there’s a seat next to her I won’t take that seat, I get so scared that if I sit next to her she’s gonna think I’m interested in her and since I’m not that good looking she’ll think I’m a dork. When I’m queuing in a shop and there’s a beautiful girl at the till I will try to avoid her and go to the other till because I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of her, and if I do end up getting served by that girl I will start sweating and not make eye contact since I get so nervous, I don’t want to make it clear I like her because I’m levels below her in terms of looks.

Does anyone know anyway I can combat this fear? It’s just an innate response I can’t help but I need to sort this otherwise at this rate I’m going to be single forever lol I can’t be doing this in the presence of girls anymore
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Can anyone relate to me? Everytime I see a really pretty girl on the train and there’s a seat next to her I won’t take that seat, I get so scared that if I sit next to her she’s gonna think I’m interested in her and since I’m not that good looking she’ll think I’m a dork. When I’m queuing in a shop and there’s a beautiful girl at the till I will try to avoid her and go to the other till because I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of her, and if I do end up getting served by that girl I will start sweating and not make eye contact since I get so nervous, I don’t want to make it clear I like her because I’m levels below her in terms of looks.

Does anyone know anyway I can combat this fear? It’s just an innate response I can’t help but I need to sort this otherwise at this rate I’m going to be single forever lol I can’t be doing this in the presence of girls anymore
    Look man I don't know you but you need to start viewing yourself differently. No one is below anyone in any levels. We are equal and you should understand that. I am sure there are girls (and boys) who think they are 'better' than other people but trust me if this is something that they think, then you don't wanna be talking to them anyways. Confidence takes you far in life and sometimes accepting who you are is simply what you need to do. You aren't going to embarrass yourself and even if you do, it doesn't matter that you did it in front of a pretty girl. Life goes on. No need to stress man, girls are people to and I think you'll find that if you were actually exposed to what they think of you, you would see that none of them think you are a dork or that you are into them or anything. You're cool, the quicker you believe it, the quicker others will

ReputationRep:
    Stop putting girls on a pedestal. They're just human beings just like me and you, not goddesses. This is key.

Right, now once you realise this, start going out of your comfort zone. If you're in the presence of a beautiful girl, initiate a conversation with her. If you can't start with someone beautiful, start with a girl a little less attractive and work your way up. Over time, your self confidence will increase and conversations will flow naturally. If you find yourself stalling, count to 5 and as soon as you hit 5, walk up to the girl. No excuses, just do it.

I feel that really good looking girls deserve to be put on a pedestal though I just see them as these untouchable figures. I need to work on my confidence, it’s so hard though

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.