Turn on thread page Beta

Loose weight watch

How do you loose weight really quickly i hate myself i need to loose weight but i dont want to make myself throw up please help.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Stop buying snacks. Find ways to get active (if you're not already active). Think about "upping your game" so that you burn more cals

ReputationRep:
    use a small plate this tricks the brain thinking you served yourself a big meal.
    Do push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks every morning and night.

ReputationRep:
    Eat less, exercise more.

I don’t get why people ask about how to lose weight like there’s some secret method that’s being hidden from them by the world. There’s no quick fix, magic pill or easy way out, you just have to knuckle down and do the work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you loose weight really quickly i hate myself i need to loose weight but i dont want to make myself throw up please help.
    Firstly how old are you? You physiology may require some 'puppy fat' but in general avoiding excess carbs particularly refined ones will help, if you tell me your age I may be able to offer further advise.

https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/weight-l...diet-tips.aspx

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Andymh;76525806]Firstly how old are you? You physiology may require some 'puppy fat' but in general avoiding excess carbs particularly refined ones will help, if you tell me your age I may be able to offer further advise.[/QUOT

(Original post by Andymh)
    Firstly how old are you? You physiology may require some 'puppy fat' but in general avoiding excess carbs particularly refined ones will help, if you tell me your age I may be able to offer further advise.

ReputationRep:
    Cut down the carbs, do HIIT exercise and be patient your body isn't anywhere near maturity yet, both those bits of advise will cut excess weight and make you more healthy in general though.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Consistent calorie deficit is how everyone loses weight.
    You will do it by eating less and most likely burning more.
    Go and join MFP and read the stickies.
    Losing the weight isnt the issue, but keeping it off is the task.

Ps fact you want it really quick sounds like you will be impatient and set yourself up for a fall. Diet extreme for a few weeks and then binge.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's quite hard to make your weight loose. You should just try to lose it instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    It's quite hard to make your weight loose. You should just try to lose it instead.
    This wasn’t even remotely clever.

Op, good luck!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whereatethey)
    This wasn’t even remotely clever.

Op, good luck!
    Less clever than not knowing how to spell lose, I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Less clever than not knowing how to spell lose, I'm sure.
    Still very dim but you tried. One like for effort!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Eat less, exercise more.

I don’t get why people ask about how to lose weight like there’s some secret method that’s being hidden from them by the world. There’s no quick fix, magic pill or easy way out, you just have to knuckle down and do the work.
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    Lose*

ReputationRep:
    It might be quite hard to immediately eat very clean and healthy, especially if you're used to eating unhealthy stuff. My advice is that at first, just make some simple alternatives. For example, if you drink many fizzy drinks, replace them with water/tea, etc. I lost over 4 stones in the past, so this is everything that worked for me. Oh, and make sure you know where you're going wrong: diet or exercise.... or both.

Many people recommend counting calories because it allows you to track everything you've eaten, make sure you're not overeating, and it helps you pinpoint where you're going wrong with your diet. If you're having trouble deciding what to eat, I'm sure there are healthy diet plans or recipes on the internet that you can follow. However, this isn't for everyone. It definitely didn't work for me. It made me very obsessive over what I ate and actually made me eat unhealthier and caused me to feel frustrated. In terms of counting calories, some people find it very helpful and some people just hate it. It depends on you.

If you haven't been extremely active for a long time, it can be very hard to start exercising. If you need to, start off easy. Go for walks or swim. After you're more comfortable, try things like running. Personally, I lost weight by running for 30 mins every day and following exercises from a youtube channel called 'FitnessBlender'.

Many people said to me "Remember 80% exercise, 20% diet". But for me, I only really started seeing results after I was consistently active and ate healthy food. It depends on you. But just follow the main principles of losing weight: eat healthily and stay active. It may be extremely hard to start losing weight, but it'll be worth it. I don't know if this will help because it's based solely on my own experience. Also, don't try losing weight unhealthily. For example: eating 200 calories a day and exercising for 4 hours. This is because if you lose weight unhealthily, once you go back to your old lifestyle, you will gain all the weight back (if not more). Choose something that is healthy, but also something you can sustain for a long time. Good luck! <3
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Losing weight quickly isn't healthy. And you'll just pile the weight back on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Eat less, exercise more.

well there's steroids if you're impatient XD
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whereatethey)
    Still very dim but you tried. One like for effort!
    Thank you, your rep value of 0 means the world to me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.