Turn on thread page Beta

Never going to get a boyfriend watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im 16 and never had a boyfriend i feel like im never going to get one and im too ugly for any guy to like me.
    Hey, listen, you are going to be okay. I believe that you will be beautiful to someone out there. I don’t know what you look like or who you are but I know that there is a lot of reason to hold onto the possibility that someone will love you. You are an honest person, a very valuable trait imo. My advice is to be yourself, at risk of sounding like my dear mother, and to come across as confident. The latter may sound crazy if you’re like me and naturally nervous and shy. But it’s wholly possible. I’ve managed to create myself a confident personality on here by making jokes and just saying stuff, and most importantly, not caring what people think of you. I’ve attracted guys in the past by being carefree and making a fool of myself, and if you let yourself take the plunge, you may be pleasantly surprised by the results. I wish you all the best in finding someone, but remember, it’s not a race and you have many years ahead of you to find your dream guy. The important thing is to work on your confidence and focus on yourself.

My biggest tip: Nothing is more attractive to a guy than a girl who enjoys herself without the need for people to do it for her. Happiness is very attractive, and you don’t even have to smile to let it through.

Go out there and get them girl!
    PM me if you want to have a chat, I’m usually online and available
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you want a quick snog hit me up, g.

ReputationRep:
    How is posting on TSR going to help your situation? You're too young to be worrying about finding a boyfriend anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getmeoffmyphone)
    My biggest tip: Nothing is more attractive to a guy than a girl who enjoys herself without the need for people to do it for her. Happiness is very attractive, and you don’t even have to smile to let it through.

Abso-blooming-lutely
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I know the perfect guy for you OP. Fasih123 would love to date you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I know the perfect guy for you OP. Fasih123 would love to date you
    You are my new favourite person Night King 😂

ReputationRep:
    19 never dated. I've got bigger problems right now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by getmeoffmyphone)
    You are my new favourite person Night King 😂
    Thanks I do try

ReputationRep:
    Don’t worry there is some desperate guy on here that goes around making 20 threads a day asking how to date a woman, he might be worth looking into but bring a taser with you just incase...

ReputationRep:
    Didn't date til I was 21. The idea of sharing food and being romantic was... Not appealing.

However, I find if you don't look for it it usually turns up. Having a boyfriend isn't going to change how you feel about yourself. Work on loving you first because that's who you are always going to have.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 and I haven't even done so much as to hold a girl's hand tbh :')
    It's kind of sad but then again we have our lives ahead of us and at one point you might find someone who truly appreciates you for you. That's what i'm hoping for anyway...

are there a lot of americans on this thread? since when do english people use the term "dating" to mean a relationship?

Depressing when you're 24 and in this position...and see 15/16 year old kids being worried!

ReputationRep:
    Im 16 and never had a boyfriend i feel like im never going to get one and im too ugly for any guy to like me.
    Don't worry. I'm 16 and have never had a girlfriend and know I am ugly. But I also know (or hope) that someone may like me one day (before I die).

16 is way too young for a boyfriend. I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neluxsan)
    I personally don't know you, so please don't take it as an offence, but here is some advice:

Wear perfume,
    Wear makeup (but not too much that it ruins your face)
    shave regularly(if you have to)
    Don't be a bi*ch (no boy likes a ***** no matter how pretty)
    Don't be stuck-up/snake (kinda obvious ngl)
    Do your hair everyday
    Smile when people pass by if you know them (it will be weird to smile at everyone and random people)
    Have faith, just coz you done all of above and other things, doesn't mean you will get a boyfriend instantly...(it will take time(I'm talking about years, yes, years))
    And don't fall for a bad personality boy as relationship can easily go south and be terrible to have one instead of a happy relationship
    OP, please don't follow this advice- You don't have to change yourself for anyone.
    You get all type of girls, regardless of looks in relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny.snow)
    19 never dated. I've got bigger problems right now.
    Why make an "excuse" up?

are there a lot of americans on this thread? since when do english people use the term "dating" to mean a relationship?
    Nah, we can do it too. Doesn't matter which side of the pond you're on for this :P

Dw as the great Beiber said in his song "never say never". Guys are so thirsty anyway if you're hetero... so you'll have someone with an interest soon enough

ReputationRep:
    What is it with young people nowadays desperately wanting to have a boyfriend/girlfriend so badly? You do realize that you don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be satisfied or content in life, right? You can do just fine without a significant other. If I were you, I'd focus on education, work, hobbies or a combination of these or whatever it is you're focusing on right now. Remember: you're able to live life without a boyfriend right now, so I'm sure you can probably manage the future without a significant other. Unless you've had a boyfriend/s and/or a relationship/s before you posted this, you've been living all this time without a significant other or boyfriend. You'll do fine.

There is a time and place for everything. Let it come to you and don't force it. If it's God's will for you to partake in a relationship/marriage, then He will let it happen and if not, let it be.

I'm not condemning relationships in general, but I'm just trying to imply that you don't need someone else to 'complete' your life.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly your still so young... boyfriends will come and go but don’t waste these years thinking bout and upsetting yourself thinking about why you don’t have one. When it’s right for you it’ll work out. Honestly with the amount of issues, arguments and disagreements you can go through in relationships I sometimes wish I was single haha. But don’t stress I’d say delay it as much as you can. Focus on education, building a career, going out with family and friends and making the most before you get into a relationship. Good luck girl!x

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I hate relationships... Had a bad one that put me off for life. But NOW literally every guy I meet fancies me, not because I try. But because I love myself. No-one will love you if you don't love yourself. Now I'm free of the before mentioned **(u^+** I have gained my confidence and love myself, do things for me and i'm not after a relationship!!! and because of that, ironically, more people fancy me and actually want to date me lmao xxxx

hope this helps. relationships aren't the be all and end all

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.