Turn on thread page Beta

stretched septum infected - how to get rid of it quickly? watch

ReputationRep:
    hello!
    so i'm stretching my septum. on tuesday this week, i bought some jewellery for it which was sold to me as 2mm, but was actually around 1.7mm. i stretched my septum to 2mm with the taper, then put the jewellery in. i then bought a retainer for it which is actually 2mm. on friday i tried to get it in, thinking it was the same size as the jewellery i had in - it caused an awful nosebleed and hurt horribly. i waited until the blood had stopped, cleaned the area, then re-stretched to 2mm and put the retainer in. it's a lot less painful, but there's some pus coming out of the piercing, and it's rather tender. i have been cleaning it, but i need to be able to change it by tomorrow evening, as i have school and the retainer is too big. any ideas on how to quickly treat this? or how to make it less puffy and sore?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.