The Student Room Group

Dianette or yasmin pill for acne? Help!!

i have been on dianette for about 10 days for my hormonal acne and the side effects are hitting me already. i struggle with my body image quite a lot and i've realised that dianette has given me the BIGGEST appetite, i cannot stop eating and i'm putting on weight so fast & i honestly want to cry but i can't ignore the urge to eat because when i try it makes me feel sick (as stupid as it sounds)

i'm going back to my GP soon and enquiring about yasmin instead as i've read it's quite similar - has anyone had a similar experience? and if so how did it go for you?
I'm currently on Yasmin, I was on it for about 6 months previously and it worked wonders for my skin. It went from covered in acne to perfect, but Yasmin affected my mental health quite badly, it made me very suicidal and angry! I'm currently on it again because my acne came back worse than ever, I've been on it 3 months and have seen no improvement in my skin this time, and I am depressed again :frown: so hopefully gunna ask to be put on a different pill. Hope this somehow helps x

Quick Reply