Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve received an unconditional for Edinburgh uni but can’t decide whether to move into halls or not?? I live just outside Edinburgh (50 mins on the bus) but I’m starting in second year not first so worried I will struggle to make friends. I’m a bit of a home bird so the thought of being away and living with strangers is daunting, Anyone got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    It will be easier to make friends if you move into halls. It'll also mean you don't have to waste your mornings and evenings on a bus.
    The fact that you're a home bird and scared of moving away tells me that you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone for once. Gain some independence and enjoy student life. It'll make moving out permanently as an adult a lot easier.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lmmmmmmm)
    I’ve received an unconditional for Edinburgh uni but can’t decide whether to move into halls or not?? I live just outside Edinburgh (50 mins on the bus) but I’m starting in second year not first so worried I will struggle to make friends. I’m a bit of a home bird so the thought of being away and living with strangers is daunting, Anyone got any advice?
    I'll move this to the Edinburgh subforum :borat:

I'm actually a first-year at Edinburgh doing CompSci. I do know a fair few people who have decided to live at home rather than halls, and they seem to have settled in/made friends fine by joining societies and just getting involved in university life.

You will get a lot more independence living in halls, though.

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to the open day tomorrow?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.