Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've really messed up, I got a D in English and Maths so I am retaking my GCSE Maths and English in College. I ****ed up my life because of Video games and now I've finally stopped and I am trying to fix my life. I want to do Medicine but I know I need A Levels in Chemistry and Biology but I can only do BTEC in College because I'm retaking my GCSE Maths and English. What can I do? Can I do A Levels after I retake my GCSE's which I have about 6 months left, and I'm currently doing an IT course Level 2 it's for one year, so it finishes at the same time as my GCSE's. So what I wanted to ask is in 6 months time I'm working really hard to get good grades in English and Maths and once I get my GCSE's can I do A Levels in Chemistry and Biology and that will put me on the right track to go to medical school. All advice and help are appreciated a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Well you'll need to do 3 A-levels firstly, but isn't it more about wether a sixth form college will accept you or not? I think if you can show improvement maybe you could do the a-levels but you'd have to ask them.

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact you're only allowed to do BTEC is a tad unfair considering a few people at my school's sixth form have re-sat GCSE alongside an A-Level subject.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeAlver)
    I've really messed up, I got a D in English and Maths so I am retaking my GCSE Maths and English in College. I ****ed up my life because of Video games and now I've finally stopped and I am trying to fix my life. I want to do Medicine but I know I need A Levels in Chemistry and Biology but I can only do BTEC in College because I'm retaking my GCSE Maths and English. What can I do? Can I do A Levels after I retake my GCSE's which I have about 6 months left, and I'm currently doing an IT course Level 2 it's for one year, so it finishes at the same time as my GCSE's. So what I wanted to ask is in 6 months time I'm working really hard to get good grades in English and Maths and once I get my GCSE's can I do A Levels in Chemistry and Biology and that will put me on the right track to go to medical school. All advice and help are appreciated a lot.
    I have Us
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes and what Azure says.

What grades are your other GCSEs?

Be warned then they dont take prisoners for Medicine and you will need AAA and almost certainly without resits. You cant really afford to mess A levels up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Yes and what Azure says.

What grades are your other GCSEs?

Be warned then they dont take prisoners for Medicine and you will need AAA and almost certainly without resits. You cant really afford to mess A levels up.
    C in Science and a D in IT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Know Your Enemy)
    I think the fact you're only allowed to do BTEC is a tad unfair considering a few people at my school's sixth form have re-sat GCSE alongside an A-Level subject.
    Yeah, it is, I've read a few people say the same thing. Maybe I went with the wrong College.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    C in Science and a D in IT
    Not impossible but unlikely you will meet entry requirements for GCSE. You have to go from a C class student to straight As. They also may not let you do the A levels as they normally require at least grade B.

By all means try, but you need to do the research, understand what is required and your chances of making the grade.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.