Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, me and my friends started college last year, and I specifically hang around with one of my best friends, because we're on the same course. But recently the other girls in our group have been consistently hanging around together and not including me and my friend in activities and going out for lunch without inviting us. We haven't said anything yet because since we rarely see each other, we don't want to cause any arguments that will prevent us from seeing each other. I won't disclose everything that has happened and all the times they've left us out, because there are too many to go into on this forum. But on International Women's Day, one of our friends posted a picture of just them 3, she said how much she loved them and we weren't even tagged in the post which I found really upsetting. Does that mean she doesn't care about us anymore? When I mentioned it to my best friend, she said that she didn't care if they wanted to cut her out, but I know she does secretly! They've been on so many outings together and in the mornings, they'll go over to one of their houses and chat in the mornings, when I repeatedly have said in the past I'm off on those days. But they don't bother to invite me!

On another note, I asked one of my guy friends yesterday if he was free to hang out today (Saturday), he said he'd check and let me know since I haven't seen him since early November. He said he couldn't as he was stressed about his mocks that were coming up. I said that's fine, and I'll hopefully see him soon as his birthday is coming up. But then, today I saw that he posted photos of other friends and the caption said he cares about them and he doesn't see them enough. Which I thought was rather odd, considering he said he couldn't hang out... Like I thought he was meant to be revising not hanging with his other friends? Am I overreacting or does it sound like there is an actual issue here like I think there is?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by sunhurricane26)
    So, me and my friends started college last year, and I specifically hang around with one of my best friends, because we're on the same course. But recently the other girls in our group have been consistently hanging around together and not including me and my friend in activities and going out for lunch without inviting us. We haven't said anything yet because since we rarely see each other, we don't want to cause any arguments that will prevent us from seeing each other. I won't disclose everything that has happened and all the times they've left us out, because there are too many to go into on this forum. But on International Women's Day, one of our friends posted a picture of just them 3, she said how much she loved them and we weren't even tagged in the post which I found really upsetting. Does that mean she doesn't care about us anymore? When I mentioned it to my best friend, she said that she didn't care if they wanted to cut her out, but I know she does secretly! They've been on so many outings together and in the mornings, they'll go over to one of their houses and chat in the mornings, when I repeatedly have said in the past I'm off on those days. But they don't bother to invite me!

On another note, I asked one of my guy friends yesterday if he was free to hang out today (Saturday), he said he'd check and let me know since I haven't seen him since early November. He said he couldn't as he was stressed about his mocks that were coming up. I said that's fine, and I'll hopefully see him soon as his birthday is coming up. But then, today I saw that he posted photos of other friends and the caption said he cares about them and he doesn't see them enough. Which I thought was rather odd, considering he said he couldn't hang out... Like I thought he was meant to be revising not hanging with his other friends? Am I overreacting or does it sound like there is an actual issue here like I think there is?
    It can happen, being closer to some in a group of friends than others, and I almost feel sorry for you that people have drifted off in directions and left you in the middle. You have to look at yourself and think if there's anything you've said or done to cause it, maybe get someone else's opinion on it. If you're all good, I guess you have to try to get into those circles again. Me, I wouldn't really bother but that's just me, it's difficult to force closeness and sometimes things in life just happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    It can happen, being closer to some in a group of friends than others, and I almost feel sorry for you that people have drifted off in directions and left you in the middle. You have to look at yourself and think if there's anything you've said or done to cause it, maybe get someone else's opinion on it. If you're all good, I guess you have to try to get into those circles again. Me, I wouldn't really bother but that's just me, it's difficult to force closeness and sometimes things in life just happen.
    Thank you, it always seems like I'm the one stuck in the middle. It was way worse a few months ago! 😓

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.