Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Long story short (I've already posted)..

I had what seemed like a chest infection for a week, went to the doc, got a weeks worth of antibiotics and prednisone (asthmatic), I've finished that and went back yesterday, he gave me 3 more days of antibiotics and said to go to the ER if it gets worse or is still there by next wednesday.

He said everything seems ok, blood pressure, temperature etc all ok.. he thought it could be muscular.

It's Saturday, I'm getting pains on my left side, below my shoulder blade.
    Best way I can describe it is like I'm lying down on a golf ball.

I'm getting headaches and feeling sort of light headed at times too

I get a pain like somethings prodding or stabbing me into my left side, it happens from the outerside and the front..
    It radiates from my shoulder blade down to my hip, even my hip feels stiff or weird.
    The main pain is from the back, maybe like 2 or 3 inches from the middle of my back, but it shoots up my neck beside my ear..

I don't know if it's something more serious or if it's just from coughing while I had the infection..
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SeanLaurentParis)
    Long story short (I've already posted)..

I had what seemed like a chest infection for a week, went to the doc, got a weeks worth of antibiotics and prednisone (asthmatic), I've finished that and went back yesterday, he gave me 3 more days of antibiotics and said to go to the ER if it gets worse or is still there by next wednesday.

He said everything seems ok, blood pressure, temperature etc all ok.. he thought it could be muscular.

It's Saturday, I'm getting pains on my left side, below my shoulder blade.
    Best way I can describe it is like I'm lying down on a golf ball.

I'm getting headaches and feeling sort of light headed at times too

I get a pain like somethings prodding or stabbing me into my left side, it happens from the outerside and the front..
    It radiates from my shoulder blade down to my hip, even my hip feels stiff or weird.
    The main pain is from the back, maybe like 2 or 3 inches from the middle of my back, but it shoots up my neck beside my ear..

I don't know if it's something more serious or if it's just from coughing while I had the infection..
    Ring 111 and see what they recommend.Better safe than sorry plus use some common sense. If you feel its serious then go to A&E although 111 should really confirm it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.