Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm making this thread for any person who is considering taking a BTEC after finishing their GCSEs. I am currently doing a BTEC and am in my first year of college, so if you have any questions feel free to fire away!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by fah2610)
    Hi everyone! I'm making this thread for any person who is considering taking a BTEC after finishing their GCSEs. I am currently doing a BTEC and am in my first year of college, so if you have any questions feel free to fire away!
    Hi, great idea!

How are you finding the workload? And what is your BTEC in?

ReputationRep:
    Is it good to take an a-level alongside BTECs? And how much coursework do you get, per week or day or whatever? and are there tests and exams along the way or is it all course work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarWinchester)
    Is it good to take an a-level alongside BTECs? And how much coursework do you get, per week or day or whatever? and are there tests and exams along the way or is it all course work?
    Hi! So I think it depends on your sixth form or college because at my college you are unable to take A-Levels with a BTEC. But personally, I wouldn't take an A-Level with a BTEC because it's a lot of work as is! For my course we get an assignment every week and we have a unit assignment to work on for 2 weeks. We study the topic and do the assignment as we go along. We have 8 units. We have one exam in the 2nd year, again it just depends on the course you're thinking of taking! Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Hi, great idea!

How are you finding the workload? And what is your BTEC in?
    Hi! Thank you very much, I've noticed A Level Q&A's on here in the past, so I figured it would be a good idea to do one for those looking to enrol in a BTEC. The workload is a lot, however if you stay on top of everything ASAP then you'll be totally fine. I have a resubmission due for Thursday which I completed last weekend and 2 sheets to complete for Thursday which I did tonight to get them out of the way. Doing work ASAP is the best way to work in my opinion. My BTEC is NCFE CACHE Technical Certificate and Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care. It's a Level 3 BTEC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunhurricane26)
    Hi! So I think it depends on your sixth form or college because at my college you are unable to take A-Levels with a BTEC. But personally, I wouldn't take an A-Level with a BTEC because it's a lot of work as is! For my course we get an assignment every week and we have a unit assignment to work on for 2 weeks. We study the topic and do the assignment as we go along. We have 8 units. We have one exam in the 2nd year, again it just depends on the course you're thinking of taking! Hope this helps
    aha thank you, I'm pretty sure at the one I want to go to you can take it alongside because they have a lot of BTECs they suggest you take to help with knowledge, but i'll have to double check. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    aha thank you, I'm pretty sure at the one I want to go to you can take it alongside because they have a lot of BTECs they suggest you take to help with knowledge, but i'll have to double check. Thank you!
    No problem! I hope I was able to help you. I love your username btw! (if it's about Sam and Dean that is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunhurricane26)
    No problem! I hope I was able to help you. I love your username btw! (if it's about Sam and Dean that is)
    Yess it is I'm watching supernatural right now 😂

ReputationRep:
    Yess it is I'm watching supernatural right now 😂
    Ahhhhh! You have awesome taste <3

ReputationRep:
    s
    (Original post by MiszShorTea123)
    Hello, im also doing HSC. How are you finding it so far?
    Hi! I'm finding it pretty good so far. The constant assignments are a lot, but I love my class. We're all very supportive of each other. We all love one of our tutors, but the other tutor is a little annoying and basically has no idea what she's doing. But she isn't our main tutor so it's okay! What about you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.