The Student Room Group

How strong are the links between Call Me By Your Name and A Streetcar Named Desire?

I'm considering my A Level English Literature coursework options and one book I think I could be original with and compare with our core text, Streetcar, is Andre Aciman's 'Call Me By Your Name' - a beautiful love story - however, I haven't read the book in full, but I know what an amazing story it is as well as some motifs (obsession, lust, heartache)

Of course, if I'm not 100% confident with this I have other texts to resort to but I'm curious to see if anyone knows strong links between the two texts as I think it would be an interesting comparison!
Original post by mattrxgan
I'm considering my A Level English Literature coursework options and one book I think I could be original with and compare with our core text, Streetcar, is Andre Aciman's 'Call Me By Your Name' - a beautiful love story - however, I haven't read the book in full, but I know what an amazing story it is as well as some motifs (obsession, lust, heartache)

Of course, if I'm not 100% confident with this I have other texts to resort to but I'm curious to see if anyone knows strong links between the two texts as I think it would be an interesting comparison!

Hey, I was just wondering the same thing because I’m thinking god doing it for my comparative. Did you find anything? I’ve got a few things but anything that you’ve got may help :smile:
Original post by mattrxgan

Hi!!! I know it's been five years now but I wanted to know if you ended up doing this because im thinking the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending