Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know how quick the accommodation for Nottingham goes? Im still not sure if i want to firm it or not, the applications for accommodation opened a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    Self catered quite quickly, if it's catered and on UP. You just apply for an area and they allocate it after results or a few months after it opening I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vigilantis)
    Hi, does anyone know how quick the accommodation for Nottingham goes? Im still not sure if i want to firm it or not, the applications for accommodation opened a month ago.
    Applications opened on the 1st March, 2 weeks ago! You should be okay if you apply now
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I am a prospective applicant for MSc Psychology Conversion at Univ of Nottingham which is taught at School of Psychology. I am looking for accommodation near East Entrance of the University.
    Postgraduate residences options: Cloister Hall (nearest), Melton Hall, Raeligh Park and Broadgate Park.
    1. Any accommodation to totally avoid? Nearest ones?
    2. Has anyone stayed previously in these accommodations?
    3. Any images of the rooms available?
    4. Do you have any suggestions to consider to finalise accommodation?
    5. How much do utilities- gas and electricity add upto?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vashisthashubhi)
    I am a prospective applicant for MSc Psychology Conversion at Univ of Nottingham which is taught at School of Psychology. I am looking for accommodation near East Entrance of the University.
    Postgraduate residences options: Cloister Hall (nearest), Melton Hall, Raeligh Park and Broadgate Park.
    1. Any accommodation to totally avoid? Nearest ones?
    2. Has anyone stayed previously in these accommodations?
    3. Any images of the rooms available?
    4. Do you have any suggestions to consider to finalise accommodation?
    5. How much do utilities- gas and electricity add upto?
    Best way to find out is to look on the University website at their accommodation. It will show you where each building is located, the prices and has photos of room types.

From my knowledge, Broadgate Park is near the west entrance so the opposite side to where you need. Not sure about the others.

The cost of the accommodation will depend on the room type you choose (en-suite, standard, standard plus etc) as well as the zone you are (north, central, sports etc) and if you are catered or self-catered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h.findlay321)
    Best way to find out is to look on the University website at their accommodation. It will show you where each building is located, the prices and has photos of room types.

From my knowledge, Broadgate Park is near the west entrance so the opposite side to where you need. Not sure about the others.

The cost of the accommodation will depend on the room type you choose (en-suite, standard, standard plus etc) as well as the zone you are (north, central, sports etc) and if you are catered or self-catered
    Thank you so much for your inputs! I am just willing to know some personal experiences to make a decision, if anything specific to consider about Accommodations mentioned above.

Cloister seems to be nearest to the East Entrance of the University.

Would love to know from students stayed at these accommodations in the past. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in Raleigh, it is about a 10 min walk from Jubilee and 30 min from UP. Bills are included in the rent (that will be the same for all accommodation listed)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.