Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay background info, I'm 15. I'm female and have been obese up until early last year when I developed anorexia due to insecurities, and was told not to partake in much physical activity during recovery. Now I'm considered recovered, I'm at a slightly higher weight and fat % than I want to be at and I want to start exersize. I've never been physically fit, and I've put my body through a lot. I recently joined a gym and go three times a week for a few hours each time, however I just find it incredibly boring to do nothing and have no competition whilst working out, I like having things occupying my mind and nothing does it for me there

There are also almost no sports clubs available for me apart from boxing (I'm very insecure and it's from 9-15 year olds, I feel like m too late to join), or Zumba (people would laugh at me for this)

I'm female, 5ft 4 and 119lbs. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have some sort of park or field with sports facilities nearby ? These are usually relatively cheap or free so you would just need to find a friend or 2 to take with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaseyB)
    Do you have some sort of park or field with sports facilities nearby ? These are usually relatively cheap or free so you would just need to find a friend or 2 to take with you.
    Not really there's a few martial arts spots but I'm certain I'd know people that go and I'd look like an idiot

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.