Turn on thread page Beta

Why do you answer really old threads ? watch

ReputationRep:
    Through my browsing I look at the most recent threads and have a little read only to find that the OP is from 2012 .... bit of a delayed response don’t you think? :laugh:

Anyway , I hope you all have a nice night ! See to in five years lol ?

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes reply not noticing the year the thread was made. Also my TSR feed has been popping up old threads on the recent tab.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I try not to, but when someone offers sincere advice to an issue that's like a year old it's both hilarious and adorable. The problem is way over, but at least they're trying to help.
    Spoiler:
    Show

If I'm still on here in five years either something has gone seriously wrong or seriously right.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of old threads are coming up on Recent because people are bumping them, which leads to me unintentionally commenting on such threads. I don't always remember to check the date so sometimes I accidentally bump an old thread myself.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah usually when I do it it's either 'cause I haven't noticed or I'm bored and yelling at people to pls stop bumping ancient threads.

The original bumper in all such cases is usually some random avatar-less 10-post 1 gem account, never quite been sure how these people find the threads or what their motive for committing the initial bump actually is.

ReputationRep:
    TSR thinks it's appropriate to suggest them in search results and the 'related discussions'I guess the mods enjoy running around playing whack-a-mole shutting them down and telling the noobs off... otherwise they'd have implemented an automatic thread closer when something's not been touched.IMO they should introduce a necromancer badge for the achievement of bumping an old thread

ReputationRep:
    dunno what happened to the paragraphing in that last post... has the editor been 'upgraded'?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think part of the problems is the 'related discussions' thing at the bottom of the page, a) it lists stuff that isnt even related b) it lists really old threads as well as recent ones so people click on them and bump them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    I think part of the problems is the 'related discussions' thing at the bottom of the page, a) it lists stuff that isnt even related b) it lists really old threads as well as recent ones so people click on them and bump them
    On this thread a "related discussion" was "GIRLS - How much do you weigh??", a thread from 2013.

gud job TSR 10/10
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    TSR thinks it's appropriate to suggest them in search results and the 'related discussions'I guess the mods enjoy running around playing whack-a-mole shutting them down and telling the noobs off... otherwise they'd have implemented an automatic thread closer when something's not been touched.IMO they should introduce a necromancer badge for the achievement of bumping an old thread
    that would actually be hilarious :rofl: a little skull and cross bones badge :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I had a 4 year old thread that was closed show up 3rd on the latest section show up on my app once. I still can't figure out how it appeared, when it was closed 4 years ago so no one had even commented it to bump it.

ReputationRep:
    I’ll let you know in about 8 years.

ReputationRep:
    tfw you rep someone from 10 years ago :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    tfw you rep someone from 10 years ago :emo:
    Omg
    I accidentally reported this !!!!!!! So sorry need my nails cutting down please forgive me xoxzozo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    Omg
    I accidentally reported this !!!!!!! So sorry need my nails cutting down please forgive me xoxzozo
    :spank:

ReputationRep:
    :spank:
    Ouch !!! lol I sorted it now the mods fixed it xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    Ouch !!! lol I sorted it now the mods fixed it xox
    we shall say no more about it.

ReputationRep:
    we shall say no more about it.
    Merciiiii

ReputationRep:
    idk but I'll post again on this thread in 3 years

ReputationRep:
    If I can find this a year or so later I will definitely make a reply.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.