Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i need some help because i am stressing out immensely rn , i had AS mocks this past week and i like to think i've done well....

but i keep getting this feeling like a ****ed up on everything (i'm doing bio,chem and history a-level) ik for chemistry i've gotton some questions right but i feel like i've got some wrong and it's honestly just sending me into a panic frenzy

does anyone have some reassuring tips i can use to help me calm down a little , how do i stop thinking that i messed up (i got my results next week btw) thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    hey guys i need some help because i am stressing out immensely rn , i had AS mocks this past week and i like to think i've done well....

but i keep getting this feeling like a ****ed up on everything (i'm doing bio,chem and history a-level) ik for chemistry i've gotton some questions right but i feel like i've got some wrong and it's honestly just sending me into a panic frenzy

does anyone have some reassuring tips i can use to help me calm down a little , how do i stop thinking that i messed up (i got my results next week btw) thanks
    At the moment, there's nothing you can do - you just have to see what happens!
    I know that's a difficult thought, but luckily, AS level mocks aren't the be-all and end-all, they're just a stepping stone to help you learn what you need to improve on for your AS levels. They're not really used in predicted grades for UCAS, especially if they're uncharacteristic of your usual performance.

Just take some time to rest & relax this weekend - you've no doubt been studying hard for these mocks and your mind probably needs a break.
    None of us can tell you that you've scored 100% as none of us know either - but as long as you know you worked hard and tried your best, that's all that matters right now, not the grade on the piece of paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axc5)
    At the moment, there's nothing you can do - you just have to see what happens!
    I know that's a difficult thought, but luckily, AS level mocks aren't the be-all and end-all, they're just a stepping stone to help you learn what you need to improve on for your AS levels. They're not really used in predicted grades for UCAS, especially if they're uncharacteristic of your usual performance.

Just take some time to rest & relax this weekend - you've no doubt been studying hard for these mocks and your mind probably needs a break.
    None of us can tell you that you've scored 100% as none of us know either - but as long as you know you worked hard and tried your best, that's all that matters right now, not the grade on the piece of paper.
    yeh i did , the chemistry one was especially hard and i don't want to end up with a D again :/

ReputationRep:

I’m kind of in the same situation because I messed up on Physics and I feel kind of lost. You can’t really do anything to change, just try to keep calm.

ReputationRep:

You’ll be fine. I was in the same position as you last week when I got my AS mocks for maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelloImCool)
    You’ll be fine. I was in the same position as you last week when I got my AS mocks for maths
    cool what did you get

(Original post by Black Water)
    I’m kind of in the same situation because I messed up on Physics and I feel kind of lost. You can’t really do anything to change, just try to keep calm.

oh that sucks , do u know for a fact u messed up or is that what ur feeling

ReputationRep:
    cool what did you get

It’s both to be honest, I know how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    cool what did you get

I got 95% in my mock basically 95/100 marks ( we are given percentages instead of grades)

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Yes nobody wants to do badly in mocks, but you just need to remember that they don't count to much formally (UCAS predictions maybe, but other mocks will also be looked at for that). Mocks are a good way to see what elements you did well at and what you can improve on for the proper exams. And it is always better not to do as well before exams because it will motivate you to revise more as you will not become complacent (this is something that I've seen people do and then they suffer during results days). So just relax, and class it as a learning curve - things can only get better from here!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    It’s both to be honest, I know how you feel.
    dam well gl then i guess

I got 95% in my mock basically 95/100 marks ( we are given percentages instead of grades)
    ey well done that's great

(Original post by Emma Holmes)
    Hey,

Yes nobody wants to do badly in mocks, but you just need to remember that they don't count to much formally (UCAS predictions maybe, but other mocks will also be looked at for that). Mocks are a good way to see what elements you did well at and what you can improve on for the proper exams. And it is always better not to do as well before exams because it will motivate you to revise more as you will not become complacent (this is something that I've seen people do and then they suffer during results days). So just relax, and class it as a learning curve - things can only get better from here!

Hope this helps
    yeh those are some really helpful words , the only issue is that some people in my class are generally smarter than me and i feel stupid comparing myself to them , how do i stop this

ReputationRep:
    dam well gl then i guess

yeh those are some really helpful words , the only issue is that some people in my class are generally smarter than me and i feel stupid comparing myself to them , how do i stop this
    You too.

ReputationRep:

Realise that these results directly have no formal consequence.

Understand that you can learn from every question you got wrong.

Improve yourself after correcting your mistakes so that you are prepared for the main exams

ReputationRep:
    dam well gl then i guess

Thanks but they are just mocks make sure you work 100% in your exams , learn from mocks

ReputationRep:
    This is what mocks are for. Better you mess up here and learn from it than mess up on the day. They're a learning experience. If you have messed up you still have time to prepare for the real thing.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    Realise that these results directly have no formal consequence.

Understand that you can learn from every question you got wrong.

Improve yourself after correcting your mistakes so that you are prepared for the main exams
    i will , but it can be a bit demoralising if you don't do well now

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but they are just mocks make sure you work 100% in your exams , learn from mocks
    will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    This is what mocks are for. Better you mess up here and learn from it than mess up on the day. They're a learning experience. If you have messed up you still have time to prepare for the real thing.
    but it can be demoralising to mess up now

ReputationRep:
    but it can be demoralising to mess up now
    If something has gone wrong, it's okay to take a few days to just feel down and come to terms with it. After a little time it'll become that fire under your ass you need to do better in the real thing. (:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    If something has gone wrong, it's okay to take a few days to just feel down and come to terms with it. After a little time it'll become that fire under your ass you need to do better in the real thing. (:
    hmm makes sense , i'm honestly demotivated to do any work rn though

ReputationRep:
    i will , but it can be a bit demoralising if you don't do well now
    I've seen a few people who went from U grades in A2 mocks to A/B grades in chemistry in the external examinations

The scale of demoralisation is down to your mind

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.