Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    I've seen a few people who went from U grades in A2 mocks to A/B grades in chemistry in the external examinations

The scale of demoralisation is down to your mind
    yeh that;s right , thank you friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    hey guys i need some help because i am stressing out immensely rn , i had AS mocks this past week and i like to think i've done well....

but i keep getting this feeling like a ****ed up on everything (i'm doing bio,chem and history a-level) ik for chemistry i've gotton some questions right but i feel like i've got some wrong and it's honestly just sending me into a panic frenzy

does anyone have some reassuring tips i can use to help me calm down a little , how do i stop thinking that i messed up (i got my results next week btw) thanks
    For my AS level mocks, I got:
    Chemistry E
    Biology B
    History A
    English lit A

For my actual AS levels, I got:
    Chemistry B
    Biology A
    History B
    Eng lit A

As you can probably tell, I spent all my time revising for chem and none for history bc I was really confident about it...
    But seriously mate, they're only mocks, don't stress. Hope this calmed you a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munkysox)
    For my AS level mocks, I got:
    Chemistry E
    Biology B
    History A
    English lit A

For my actual AS levels, I got:
    Chemistry B
    Biology A
    History B
    Eng lit A

As you can probably tell, I spent all my time revising for chem and none for history bc I was really confident about it...
    But seriously mate, they're only mocks, don't stress. Hope this calmed you a bit
    wow that is a a big improvement , thank you for the advice

ReputationRep:
    You’ll learn from the mistakes you’ve made and you won’t **** up the real ones.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnySpanishinUK)
    You’ll learn from the mistakes you’ve made and you won’t **** up the real ones.
    yeh that's a good point , thank you

ReputationRep:
    dam well gl then i guess

ey well done that's great

yeh those are some really helpful words , the only issue is that some people in my class are generally smarter than me and i feel stupid comparing myself to them , how do i stop this
    I think that it's not just something you can get rid of immediately. But, you need to remember that everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, nobody will be perfect at everything. And I found that during my AS levels (at the beginning especially) progress is key, as long as you are doing better than before you are doing fine. You just need to focus on yourself, and set your own personal targets to reach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Holmes)
    I think that it's not just something you can get rid of immediately. But, you need to remember that everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, nobody will be perfect at everything. And I found that during my AS levels (at the beginning especially) progress is key, as long as you are doing better than before you are doing fine. You just need to focus on yourself, and set your own personal targets to reach.
    yeh that's true , i will do that , thank you friend

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i need some help because i am stressing out immensely rn , i had AS mocks this past week and i like to think i've done well....

but i keep getting this feeling like a ****ed up on everything (i'm doing bio,chem and history a-level) ik for chemistry i've gotton some questions right but i feel like i've got some wrong and it's honestly just sending me into a panic frenzy

does anyone have some reassuring tips i can use to help me calm down a little , how do i stop thinking that i messed up (i got my results next week btw) thanks
    nO WAY LITERALLY SAME! except i dont think ive done well at all even though i tried my hardest

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.