Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Request a meeting after being offered a place. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would it be frowned upon if I requested a meeting/tour after receiving a conditional offer? Is this normal practice or will they think I’ve lost the plot?

I went to the postgrad open evening but only got the opportunity to meet the course director, and that was very brief.
    I feel this is the right university for me, but I only know from what I have read.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they would frown upon. Loads of people request tours of university. If your going there you've got to be sure it's right for you.

ReputationRep:
    Even after applying and receiving an offer?
    Don’t want them to think I have applied without thought.
    Tbh I was expecting to be asked for an interview and that why I didn’t bother requesting one prior to application.

ReputationRep:
    What more would you hope to get out of a meeting? You've already met the course director, been to the campus, been to a postgrad open evening, had an opportunity to ask questions, done research online, decided you like the place enough to submit an application, feel 'it's the right university for you', and received an offer.

They're not going to turn around and withdraw your offer, but it does seem like you would be wasting their time.

ReputationRep:
    Open evening was pretty bleak. Literally just a corridor of tables with some course information laid out. I was expecting to meet members of staff and current students, see the laboratories and other facilities where I will be working. Maybe I’m expecting too much.
    The other university offered a more immersive experience into the feel of studying there, that’s all. I was expecting to be interviewed by both universities.

Maybe this should tell me that they don’t invest as much into their students.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.