The Student Room Group

Better alternatives to accounting & finance degree?

I was thinking of studying A & f but people say that it's a low quality degree and I'd be better off doing business or economics at uni but I don't like economics do are there any other good degrees?

Subjects are biology business studies and maths
Maths
Original post by TheYearNiner
I was thinking of studying A & f but people say that it's a low quality degree and I'd be better off doing business or economics at uni but I don't like economics do are there any other good degrees?

Subjects are biology business studies and maths
What's your career plan?
Original post by 04MR17
What's your career plan?

Honestly I'm not sure but I was thinking of the finance sector
Original post by TheYearNiner
Honestly I'm not sure but I was thinking of the finance sector
Then an accounting / finance degree is more than suitable for your career intentions. I'd advise not listening what "people say". And instead of focus on what degree is right for you. Look at the specifics of what modules are involved in the courses you're looking at and see if they excite you.
Banking and Finance may be a suitable course for you if ya looking in the finance area.
or just do a complete U-turn and study Philosophy with a side of Anthropology :P

Nah but in all seriousness do the degree you want to do that'll lead you into the job ya wanna do
No... Your friends are complete fools. A&F degrees exempt you from some of the exams you'll need to take to become a chartered accountant.

Quick Reply