Billy.Lewis16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine was asking what it is like to study AS Level Media Studies with the Eduqas exam board (part of WJEC) ?
In the AS Year alone, how many papers are sat? What’s the content/ difficulty like and is there any written coursework involved?

Opinions on the new specification for Media Studies 2018 onwards would also be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance! 😊
Noodlestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally really enjoy it, some of the topics can be a little dull but that is with every subject. So far we have done advertising, music videos, newspapers and film. Moving onto coursework soon!
Billy.Lewis16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you!

For the AS Level, is there no coursework? If there is, is it producing a music video etc or written assignment and the creative element is in A2?

Thanks 😊
Noodlestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Billy.Lewis16)
Thank you!

For the AS Level, is there no coursework? If there is, is it producing a music video etc or written assignment and the creative element is in A2?

Thanks 😊
I think there is an option for either in the coursework and I think it’s up to the school when you do it. I think you have the option to do practical or just written. So you could either do it the first year or at the beginning of the second year. No problem 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (800)
42.13%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.53%

Watched Threads