Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There are ministry of justice jobs going in my area for assistants and researchers (I’m currently a final year undergrad) - the application forms online do specify what they are looking for however I just want some extra advice for applying to such jobs? I.e how to tailor my CV/Cover letter, how to answer competency questions and real life scenarios in accordance to what they “want to hear”, how to sell yourself when you have gaps in experience within certain areas, etc.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated!!
    Some things they say on the form:
    - Display of coherent administrative skills (IT, phone consultations, meeting and greeting, good customer/client service, etc)
    - Times where I have shown good improvement
    - Times where I have shown leadership
    - Times where I have shown good communication
    - Times where I have shown quality management
    - Show Drive and reliable in the workplace
    My degree is in Criminal Justice so areas where I can show transferability too!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.