Turn on thread page Beta

What's the purpose of the 'Count to a 10000 Thread's? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    Hmm, interesting. These threads may be philosophically acceptable for atheists, given that they believe life lacks any preordained purpose that should be followed, hence everything is as meaningless as anything. Any religious 'Counting' partakers, present to utterly destroy my hypothesis?
    It doesn't need to go that deeply. Life could have an overall meaning whilst still containing instances of meaninglessness. In any case, you needn't be atheist to bemoan teleology.

ReputationRep:
    so we don’t forget our numbers obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Originally it was in competition with another forum outside of TSR.:yep:

Your point about purpose relates to the purpose about TSR in general. It's both for helping students, and giving them an opportunity to unwind online. That's why we have a range of sections. (speaking from my opinion only)
    Ahem.
    Indeed, you've got it in one. The reason why CTAM (if that's what this thread is referring to) was made, was to compete with another forum that I used to post on. That forum has since completed theirs, but we're not giving up as it also gives people somewhere to post for procrastination purposes, or for unwinding etc. We're all a friendly bunch and there is often one or more of us about so there's always someone to chat to

Also, just remembered, there's another competing forum that has one of these, which is different to the 1st one, which we're trying to beat :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    For me it's about defining purposefulness in terms of productivity, I use the site to seek academic advice, hence my name, and unwind myself by engaging in dialogue on current affairs.
    lol at you for thinking TSR is a productive place. it has lost that status for ages now

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.