Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    english lit is lit-erally (lol) the bane of my entire damn existence. like how on earth do they expect us to learn quotations, which for me, are quotations from macbeth, lord of the flies, frankenstein and like 15 poems on war and conflict. recently i got 11/30 in an essay on comparing these peoms. thats actually diabolical man. im literally good at everything else as well- eg i got a 9 in english mock but thats cos it only consisted of english lang paper 2 which i found dead easy
    @people who did gcses last year how do u even english literature. im legit aiming for 9s in everything but id happily settle for an 8 in it..

ReputationRep:
    This is my problem too. Apart from the fact my teachers are absoloutely diabolical. I don't know how the government expect us to remember so much. The goal in English is to write a good structured, polished essay, not a memory test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyPig123)
    This is my problem too. Apart from the fact my teachers are absoloutely diabolical. I don't know how the government expect us to remember so much. The goal in English is to write a good structured, polished essay, not a memory test.
    precisely, and i thought i was the only one
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    you learn quotes from each poem that can be compared to other poems, not the whole poem. yes, it's a lot of work but we have to deal with it.
    english you can't rely solely on your memory, you need good exam technique so do plenty of practice questions and papers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 10, 2018

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.