The Student Room Group

A levels retake

Hello please pleas help 💆am currently in 6 form in year 12 doing Biology ,Geography and Chemistry but I want to change my a levels since I was not focused the whole year and missed so much content which made it impossible to catch up. Can I go to another 6 form and start year 12 again or do I have to go to collage and do my A levels ?
Hi, yes you can go to another sixth form or college and stay there with no fee’s as long as the academic year starts before your 19th birthday (I was told this when I decided to to do a ‘third year’ as I needed a specific a level to apply for a uni course which I did at a different college). However, depending on how your results are you may be able to repeat your first year at your current sixth form although I’m unsure whether you would have to take different subjects. If you are worried discuss it with your tutor and see what options there are for you! I hope this helps😄
Reply 2
Thank you so much it was very useful but my birthday is September so I'll be 18 before I start year 12 and am not sure 6 form's will take me in at 18 ? Sorry for asking many questions am just a bit lost.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, I did two years at one sixth form and when I was 18 I applied to do a course at a college as I needed that subject for uni and they took me on but said that I couldn’t do the second year of the course as I would then be 19. That’s ok, no worries! But honestly speak to your tutor (assuming you have one) at my sixth form there were quite a few people redoing they’re first year as they didn’t get the grades
Reply 4
I will and thank you so so much for your help and good luck with the course.

Quick Reply

Latest