Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello , I'm sara and I'm 31 years old , in October is 3 years I live in London , I take decision for back to school , in Italy I got a diploma in "3º media" , I don't understand if is equivalent to gcse in England because I need this for star the college. In the case I need to take what is the best solution for adult studing ? I work as well and I need found a best solution ,same one can help me please

    Your best bet is to find out where your local college is, and ask them about evening classes. You can normally do GCSEs in maths and English in college. You could also look online for private tutors in your area, but this may be expensive
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

    Hi Sara, I had the same issue like you.
    GCSE and Italian Middle School Diploma so called "Terza Media" are completely 2 different certificates, and here in the UK they do not take in consideration.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

    For GCSE maths learning there are an array of websites available now to help you learn and understand concepts: examsolutions.net or mathsgenie.co.uk for example

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.