Turn on thread page Beta

So last wednesday, thursday and friday (28th,1st and 2nd) in my area almost all schools were shut except on thursday when mine opened with a shorter day. As a result of this many parents complained later that day on twitter when the school account tweeted saying that the day was a success and there were no injuries (boy were they wrong). After this started alot of students also got involved, 50% being serious and 50% trolling, this week weve now found out that theyve decided to give every student that tweeted on the thread a detention, as a 6th form student at the school i got involved and my response was entirely serious, as was my friend's (who has been given one already), if i do get one, are they actually allowed to punish me and my friend for this or are they breaking the law, rights, or anything at all? Bearing in mind we werent physically in school and there was no so called hate speech.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So last wednesday, thursday and friday (28th,1st and 2nd) in my area almost all schools were shut except on thursday when mine opened with a shorter day. As a result of this many parents complained later that day on twitter when the school account tweeted saying that the day was a success and there were no injuries (boy were they wrong). After this started alot of students also got involved, 50% being serious and 50% trolling, this week weve now found out that theyve decided to give every student that tweeted on the thread a detention, as a 6th form student at the school i got involved and my response was entirely serious, as was my friend's (who has been given one already), if i do get one, are they actually allowed to punish me and my friend for this or are they breaking the law, rights, or anything at all? Bearing in mind we werent physically in school and there was no so called hate speech.
    You havent got one yet.
    You can appeal.
    You are bound by the rules of the school, which you agree t by attending.

You dont have to be physically present.
    It doesnt have to involve hate speech.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.