Turn on thread page Beta

I cannot revise at all watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    The fact that you think its insulting working at mcdonalds is rude and crude!!!
    don't be silly, if you have nothing good to say then don't comment, you don't know traumatic it is to think you're going to fail. SHE CARES ABOUT HER EDUCATION that's why she's seeking help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharri.coco)
    don't be silly, if you have nothing good to say then don't comment, you don't know traumatic it is to think you're going to fail. SHE CARES ABOUT HER EDUCATION that's why she's seeking help
    Name:  196.gif
Views: 29
Size:  326.6 KB

(Original post by HettiBetti)
    That is so rude and crude!!! The Girl was just trying to ask for some help...stop insulting her!!!!
    for your information, i'm not a girl

(Original post by sowmiyaaravin)
    I know it sounds really horrible but I was in the same boat last year but what worked for me was getting up early in the morning, like at 5/5:30 a.m. It sounds disgusting, I'm aware, but I found that when I woke up early, I found it much easier to get motivated and my brain seemed to absorb the information a lot easier and for a lot longer.

Hope this helps xx
    I already do this sort of thing, but at 4am I just fall behind on my promises

(Original post by 27FT)
    Figure out what type of learner you are. Try different revision techniques e.g. if you're sick of writing notes watch a video recapping the topic if you're sick of reading the textbook, make flashcards and have someone test you or read them out yourself. If you are struggling to complete exam sample questions, review that topic by making a quick mindmap or poster
    I'm kinaesthetic, but none of the revision techniques for kinaesthetic learners have helped me so far. I do have an eidetic memory, so the memorising part for me is easy for the subjects that I enjoy (note 'enjoy' so it doesn't help me in the long run.

(Original post by ozzyoscy)
    The lack of motivation will come from a feeling that there's no point or that the reward isn't there. If it legitimately doesn't matter what grades you get, then I don't see how you'll magically gain motivation. Revising isn't something you can force unless you want to do it.
    I find it incredibly easy to talk myself out of revision or anything in general. I understand that the reward and the 7/8/9s are there for my taking, but it isn't enough for my subconscious to justify revision.

(Original post by Jackmo1112)
    Mate trust me you don't need to revise till mid/late April. I only did 2 hours a day and got 7 A*s 3A's 2Bs
    4s in Maths and English, remember? I need Maths especially to do Computer Science, Physics and of course Maths in 6th form. Both of the other subjects I have an affinity for so I don't need to revise that much. That being said, I would like a 9 in Maths, but anything above a 6 would be amazing.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Afterschool sessions, or staying behind after school to do revision would work better. Also going to see your teachers at lunch or revision sessions at lunch, again will get you into the revision frame of mind.
    I did Physics for the whole day. Unfortunately, there are people from Year 10 who are working in the library and they wouldn't let me revise in quiet, so I made only 2 flash cards in the space of 1 hour.

(Original post by amyando)
    I have the same problem, mainly because we have so much homework to do that there’s no time left to revise :-/ however I would recommend creating a revision timetable and planning out how long you’ll revise for so that there’s an end in sight while you do it. Also remember to include lots of 5-10 minute breaks and keep hydrated, it’ll help you to focus. Another solution is to see if you can stay after school somewhere and revise in a classroom. I do this with photography for around 4 hours a week and it really helps because it forces you to focus and you have the teachers aid if you need it.
    I originally did that for the whole of my subjects in January, but one amendment and missing day led to another and here I am. I don't find timetables to work for me, they're too restrictive.

(Original post by The Learn Ranger)
    I'm certain that so-called 'study drugs' are not the answer.

There is still a lot of time before the exams so there is absolutely no need to panic - lots of students are feeling the same way, especially as most teachers haven't finished teaching the course yet.

Maybe start with setting yourself some easy short-term tasks e.g. learn one thing in half an hour, test yourself on it - enjoy the sense of satisfaction when you know that one thing.

It's also helpful to talk things over - with teachers, friends, family - whatever works for you.

Good luck!
    Too late - I bought them already. I don't get the satisfaction of learning one thing when that one thing is out of 500 other things I need to cover in less than 9 weeks.

(Original post by the bear)
    maybe if you can link up with a friend to study/revise together ?

:holmes:
    Socially awkward, so no friends

(Original post by Johnadrew7)
    easy bro can help you in your assignments inbox me
    Can you help me out with English please? Thanks a bunch.

Sorry if I left anyone out....

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 730802
    About what??? That I did better on my chemistry test than Physics when I thought I did better on Physics??- Well, at least I did well in both!!! #Grade 7 and 6!!! #the majority of the class got 5s!!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to be a homeless bum on the streets "oh please sir, spare change! Oh ma'am I'm very hungry please I'll acce- hello? Oh hello sir please can I have a piece of that pizza....oease!" and get told "fook off u pillock u failed ur a-levels you should feel privileged I even acknowledged the existence of your kind."

Or do you want to be this man?

This man is so successful, even his daughter wants to mate with him.

ReputationRep:
    Build up to it. Revise short bouts of like 30 minutes every other day and build up until you form a habit.

ReputationRep:
    I planned to start revising in January...it's now nearly mid March and I still haven't started revising at all for my GCSEs which is a shame as I'm slumping and my grade in English and Maths is a 4...I just don't know what to do, I've been revising intermittently but not usefully and my brain doesn't even want to revise. I've tried everything, throwing my phone out my room and turning off the internet multiple times, but even then my brain will have lost the motivation to revise. As far as I'm concerned, my brain has stopped me from revising. I'm at my wit's end TSR, should I just try some study drugs or what
    I know your pain. I've struggled throughout my academic life with revision, but it's not impossible. I find studying to music really helps me. As a psychology student I can say that it is not the most effective technique for studying as it messes with your attention, but I always thought that some distracted study is better than nothing at all! You can get through it! Try to figure out when you best learn during the day. I find I'm most focused in the evening, so I would study from around 5pm - 12am or later. Again, not a recommended method, and I did become very sleep deprived... but what I am saying is that any way of studying is better than not studying at all. Also, mix it up. There's plenty of YouTube videos and interactive resources alongside just staring at your notes. You can do it, and you will get through it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting til easter hols since haven't quite finished all my courses yet and I already revised a lot for the mocks so I know most of the stuff from last year p well anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufyaan65)
    Do you want to be a homeless bum on the streets "oh please sir, spare change! Oh ma'am I'm very hungry please I'll acce- hello? Oh hello sir please can I have a piece of that pizza....oease!" and get told "fook off u pillock u failed ur a-levels you should feel privileged I even acknowledged the existence of your kind."

Or do you want to be this man?

This man is so successful, even his daughter wants to mate with him.
    Thats so wrong

ReputationRep:
    Thats so wrong

ReputationRep:
    I planned to start revising in January...it's now nearly mid March and I still haven't started revising at all for my GCSEs which is a shame as I'm slumping and my grade in English and Maths is a 4...I just don't know what to do, I've been revising intermittently but not usefully and my brain doesn't even want to revise. I've tried everything, throwing my phone out my room and turning off the internet multiple times, but even then my brain will have lost the motivation to revise. As far as I'm concerned, my brain has stopped me from revising. I'm at my wit's end TSR, should I just try some study drugs or what

I feel u .
    But what I do is ,
    I don’t read at home but libraries.
    Keep friends away when revising.
    Don’t eat anything junk b4 reading
    Watch revision tips videos ( it helps)
    Watch motivational videos
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 730802
    About what!!!???? Holla Bolla!!!!

ReputationRep:
    just think about how youll fail everything if you dont get it together by now then youll start revising and get the motivation

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.