Turn on thread page Beta

Starting to feel frustrated............ watch

Hi all,

So this might be a bit long, but bear with me!

I am a 20 year-old guy in his first year at university, where I commute as I live really close. I started uni late, as I had to do an extra year at sixth-form which wasn't exactly ideal or great.

During year 13 I met a girl who I really liked and we hit it off straight away, we met up a few times and deemed us "official". However, after a month she expressed we should be just friends, which was fine.

But if was not until a few months later that it hit me, and it me hard. I would get upset about it a lot and we eventually stopped speaking. If I am honest, it took me so many months to forget about.

Now aged 20, I feel as if I would like to experience a real relationship, because I haven't yet. If anything, I am worried I never will.

I have never been told I am ugly, if anything I have received a lot of compliments about my looks.

Recently my moods have worried me. Some days I am happy, others I wake up and feel really angry like today. I genuinely think the thought about me and the thought of a relationship not happening is getting me down.

I understand some people may think I am being stupid, but surely at 20 years old I am entitled to feel like this, right?

Sorry for the long-winded post.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

ReputationRep:
    True love is rare. Being ugly/beautiful has nothing to do with it. You're likely to get your heart broken even if you do get into a relationship. Theres no point trying to force one. If someone isn't putting an effort in to prove they care about you then theres no point crying about them.

Also the mood swings are normal. NP

honestly WE ALL GET LIKE THIS! i cant tell you how many times my friends - both guys and girls - have said that they feel like they'll never find love. but trust me, one day youre going to meet someone who just changes your life completely. I promise you the moment you stop looking for it, youll find it. Youre not alone in this feeling of loneliness. Good luck to you!!!
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,

So this might be a bit long, but bear with me!

I am a 20 year-old guy in his first year at university, where I commute as I live really close. I started uni late, as I had to do an extra year at sixth-form which wasn't exactly ideal or great.

During year 13 I met a girl who I really liked and we hit it off straight away, we met up a few times and deemed us "official". However, after a month she expressed we should be just friends, which was fine.

But if was not until a few months later that it hit me, and it me hard. I would get upset about it a lot and we eventually stopped speaking. If I am honest, it took me so many months to forget about.

Now aged 20, I feel as if I would like to experience a real relationship, because I haven't yet. If anything, I am worried I never will.

I have never been told I am ugly, if anything I have received a lot of compliments about my looks.

Recently my moods have worried me. Some days I am happy, others I wake up and feel really angry like today. I genuinely think the thought about me and the thought of a relationship not happening is getting me down.

I understand some people may think I am being stupid, but surely at 20 years old I am entitled to feel like this, right?

Sorry for the long-winded post.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! First there is nothing wrong with starting uni late. Many people do it and take more than a year before they start. Secondly you have a right to feel however you feel and sorry to hear about your girl.I don't know you but it seems like your quite sad and you feel like being in a relationship will make you happy. It might for a while make you happy, but not for long. I think what you really need to focus on is yourself and what makes you happy as a person without being in a relationship. Everything else will fall in place. Also ask why is it that you think you will never be in a relationship? There is nothing wrong with you, people go through this and you will get through it too. She just wasn't the person for you because if she was it would've worked out. Look at the bigger picture there are so many people you are going to meet in your life, and considering its your first year in uni you have 3 whole years to meet as many as you want. One is bound to be your soul mate. Whatever is meant for you will not miss you and whatever you missed was not meant for you. Trust things will turn out how they are suppose to. Your job is to just figure out who you are and what you want in life.

I wish you luck dude.

ReputationRep:
    As a girl lemme tell you...if she's for you she will come back and if not she's not the one.

You just got to stay happy and be with people who make you happy and in the end you'll meet someone much better than her (i I know it's hard to hear but it's true) then you'll live happily ever after!

Basically cry it all out and then stay with happy people

ReputationRep:
    20 is not even late what are you talking about.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.